Chapter 7

The weekend. I swear whenever teachers hear the word, they think it's a time to pile students with more and more of homework just because they think our lives our boring and have nothing better to do. Well trust me, I have way more better things to be doing on a Saturday. I could be watching Shadowhunters, or even Riverdale in the theatre munching on delicious popcorn!

But no. Believe it or not, I'm currently sprawled out on my bed trying to finish the loads of homework I have. There's literally piles of it everywhere on my bed and I'm going through each of them slowly. And I plan on finishing it before tomorrow so I could have the weekend off.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining though. When I told my dad the loads of homework I have, he said he's going to make a special lunch to help me focus. Sometimes I wonder how lucky I am to have the most awesome parents in the world.

I get myself engrossed in my essay I have to write but completely unexpectedly, my room door is swung open and in comes Daniel. I jumped, startled and suck in a breath.  How on earth did he get in the house. Should I call the cops and say that some weirdo broke into my house?

"Honey I'm home!" He yells in a sing-song voice.

I give him an 'I'm not impressed' look. "What the heck are you doing in my room? No, no, no, not room...in my house? You know we have a doorbell right? And asking never hurt anyone."

He rolls his eyes. "Relax! I knocked and your dad let me in."

I relax and just nod my head in response.

He looks over at my bed and his eye bulge out of his head. "Dang! It looks like school threw up on your bed!"

I look over at my cluttered bed and nod. "Tell me about it. It's what you get for taking classes that require a lot of work." I sigh, running a hand through my hair.

I turn my head to look at him. "Not to offend you or anything, but why are you here?" I ask, when I realize that I never got the answer as to why he's here.

He scratches the back of his head. "Well...Maya wants me to take her to the zoo today..." he says trailing off.

"Ok...and..." I nod, urging him to continue.

"And...I was wondering if you wanted to come with?" He finishes.

He wants me to go with him and Maya to the zoo? As much as I would love to, I can't help but wonder, why? I mean he has other friends he could go with.

"Why do you want me to come?" I ask. "Can't you bring Katie? I mean isn't she like your girlfriend?"

He nods his head. "Yeah...but that's why I wanted you to come"

"What do you mean?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I need someone to talk to. We are actually having some...problems"

After he said that, I felt my heart skip a beat in excitement. Why am I almost happy to hear that?

Almost.

*******

"Are we almost there yet?" Maya whines.

Daniel grumbles, "Almost! Just be patient!
Ok?"

"Ok.." she trails off.