Chapter 22

I wonder if anyone has ever been in a situation where they were stuck between two choices that could affect them so much. Ever since I saw the incident with Katie two days ago, I've been going indecisively between whether I should tell Daniel or not. I want to be a good friend by doing the right thing. But the thing is, I can't tell which choice is the right one.

On the one hand, if I tell Daniel, he could thank me and talk to Katie himself, or on the other hand, get mad at me for getting involved.

And the longer we're lounging about in this recreation center for the workers, the more I'm tempted to just tell everyone. I haven't told anyone. Not even Willa or Violet. And the harder part too is that Katie hangs with us everyday now. It doesn't help that she's my dance captain either.

Maybe I should wait it to out and see what happens. I mean when people usually do this sort of thing, they end up getting caught anyway right? And this way, I won't be involved. No...I can't. Knowing me, I'll still fell bad. I feel bad just thinking about it. It's the fact that I would've known the whole time without saying anything, would make me feel bad.

"Does that sound good to you El?"

I shake my head and avert my attention to all of my friends staring at me intently. "Sorry. Does what sound good?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Everyone says there's going to be a buffet tonight and everyone from our school is invited. Well, the ones that are here. You coming?" Violet signs.

I mean it can't hurt right? I have nothing to do anyways. "Sure. What time?" I answer and sign.

"6:30" James answers.

Back in my room, I dig through my suit case to find my black floral romper and my beige cardigan. After putting that on, I reapply my eyeliner and mascara. I leave my hair in their natural curls and slipped on my black strappy sandals. With thirty minutes to spare, I grab my purse and head toward the restaurant.

I'm the last of my friends to arrive. And I try to act unfazed at the fact that Katie is attached to Daniel's arm like a lost puppy. I make a disgusted face and look anywhere else but there. She steps away from the group going who knows where, but I'm not complaining. Why out of everyone working here, did I have to find Katie with that guy? I'm not the kind of person to deal with these sort of situations properly. I don't even think there is a proper way to deal with this.

We all start walking into the restaurant when a waiter lets us in. As we're filing in, something quite far in the corner catches my eye and an unsettling feeling sets at the pit of my stomach. The only reason why Katie left our group was to go back to that guy again! They're not even trying to hide it this time. They're not in the open but I can see them enough to tell what they're doing.

Everyone else are so engrossed in each other's conversations that they don't even look up to see what's actually going on! The group right next to me for example, is talking about the latest gossip since we got here. Trust me, if they want gossip, all they have to do is look the other way. Before going inside, I head to go use the restroom. I throw up a little in my mouth as I pass by Katie and that guy who don't even come up to take a breather.

When I get back, Daniel, James, Jayce, Willa, Violet, and I settle at our own table. A waiter comes to our table and fills our glass cups with water.

"Hello! My name is Robert and I'll be your waiter tonight. If there is anything at all, please don't hesitate in asking" he introduces himself and leaves after finishing.

As soon as he leaves, Katie comes back and takes a seat next to Daniel. "What took you so long?" He asks, looking down at her.