Chapter 13

The days of this week go by in a blur. The kind of blur where you're just going through the same routine every day with nothing really thrilling or exciting happening. Each morning would start with breakfast and school. The after noon consisted of dance practice or going straight home depending what day it was. Then homework right before dinner in the evening and then going to bed. I would wake up and start the same exact same thing the next day and so on.

So basically this week I wasn't living. I was basically just surviving. It's Good Friday so I didn't have school today. The guys and Willa and Violet are lounging about in my room on their phones.

"What work positions did you guys sign up for?" James asks.

I look around at the others not knowing what he's talking about. Did I miss something? But looking at their faces, they seem to be caught up with what I'm currently missing.

"Kitchen" exclaims Daniel. "Waitress" says Willa looking up from her phone. Jayce looks up from his as well, "Caddy" he answers. James nods his head before going back to what he was doing on his phone.

I'm now even more confused than when I first was. None of them even noticed that I have no clue as to what they're talking about.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask.

They all look up from their phones at the same time. "Oh, you don't know yet? Every summer our school has the students work at the resort to help raise money for the school" Willa answers.

Why haven't I herd of this yet? Summer is right around the corner and I only found out now? What if all the good jobs are taken? A disgusting thought soon lurks into my mind. Ew...what if by the time I choose a job, the only one left would be janitorial services. I make a disgusted face at the thought.

"But don't worry, not all of the money you make goes to the school. Most of it, you get to keep." Jayce adds. "And since its summer break, you don't have to work every day, all day. You'll have your own recreation time to relax."

I nod mindlessly still thinking about the possible jobs I could sign up for or end up in if I'm too late. For some reason however, I feel this strong visceral feeling that I shouldn't go. As if something bad would happen if I go.

"Where can I sign up? I question, ignoring my gut feeling. I mean why not right? It's not like the feeling is correct. And besides, I want really want to go to the resort to earn money and make memories with my friends.

"The link is on the school's website" Daniel answers.

I thank him and before getting my phone that's sitting on my night stand. My eyes quickly but subtly shift to his wrist containing the bracelet. I smile to myself, unlocking my phone. After going into the school's website, I scroll through a couple of pages until I come across one that's titled, Resort Signup Sheet. My thumb hovers over the link, the bad feeling coming back. I inwardly shake my head at it and press my thumb on the blue italicized lettering of the website.

Luckily, there are still a lot of openings. Turns out everyone is going to sign up last minute. As I scroll through the options, there are potential jobs I wouldn't mind signing up for like baking, room service, or receptionist. I go back and forth indecisively between the baking and receptionist.

The guys and the girls say that they're going to put in a movie in the theatre and I nod to them, saying that I just have to finish something first. I type my name next to the occupation for baking. I stand, going to the theatre to join the others. Right as I was about to step out of my room, Jayce steps directly in front of me, stopping me abruptly in my tracks in the process.

"Can I ask you something?" He quickly asks.

I rapidly blink, slightly surprised. I was just about to step out my bedroom door and he just appeared from around the corner as if he was waiting for me.

"Yeah,sure" I answer unsurely.

He scratches the back of his neck, showing me that he's nervous. About what? I don't know.

"Do you...uh...do you know if Willa is single?" He asks nervously.

"Yeah, why?" I ask casually.

Jayce doesn't say anything but looks at me expectantly, as if the answer is completely obvious. And that's when a light bulb flickers on. Sort of like a cartoon when the characters get an idea. My eyebrows go up in realization and I gasp excitedly, a big smile forming on my lips.

"You like Willa?" I say a bit loudly.

Jayce covers my mouth with his hand shushing me. "Shh! Not so loud!" He whisper yells at me. I squint my eyes at him. I don't like it when people do that. "I will lick your hand if you don't uncover my mouth" I mumble into his hand. His eyes widen in disgust and quickly retracts his hand.

"You like Willa?" I say again but in a whisper.

He nods his head, a slight blush making it's way onto his face. I silently squeal jumping up and down. I can't believe they both like each other! I wish I could tell them but it'll ruin whatever Jayce is planning. Although he didn't say anything, the look in his mischievous eyes says other wise.

"Can you help me plan on how to ask her out?" He asks.

How could I say no? I tell him of course and that I'll let him know when I think of something. When we get situated in the theatre, I don't pay attention to the movie that they put in. My brain is already  pre-occupied with ways Jayce could ask Willa out.

I want it to be grand. Something that will also be sweet and heart melting. After going through possible ideas, I come across one that corresponds with Easter that's in two days. I picture a scavenger hunt and with each clue that's found, would come with an egg containing each word that spells out will-you-go-out-with-me? And then Jayce would come out with pink tulips since they grow in the spring. And also because pink is Willa's favorite color.

A mischievous but arousing expression shows on my face. Daniel notices and whispers into my ear. "What are you smiling about?" He asks, a playful smirk playing at his lips. "Oh, it's nothing" I answer, trying to play it off cool. Daniel's face falls, disappointment becoming clear. I want to tell him, but I still didn't even see if my idea was fine with Jayce. I don't think that, that was the answer Daniel wanted to hear though. From reading his facial expression right now, I can tell he wanted to hear something else

What that something is...that I don't know.

that I don't know

A/N: Hey!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I actually did write it on Good Friday (lol). Anyway, the scene in the beginning has a foreshadowing of something. Can you guess what it is? Leave it in the comments. Thanks again for reading and I hope are enjoying!

Until the next chapter,

- Gia