In her honor

I get back to my hotel from buying some things with the new money I earned.

I open the door of my room only to see Ryan Kingsley standing there.

"I see you have made a good use of the money you earned."-he says as I walk in.

"What I do with my money is none of your concerns."-I reply coldly.

"Of course, of course."-he simply says and then continues:-"Thanks to you Miss.Rogue we have eliminated a big threat so I have thought to organize a little party to celebrate. There are going to be important people and of course you are going to be there too."

A party? Well I am dealing with a lot of first times this week.

"Parties are not really my thing, unless I have business to do, so don't count on my presence."-I say to him.

"Not your thing? A woman like you gives them life, think about it love. It is good for your reputation being there."-he says and puts on his fedora hat.

"I will think about it."-I say as I close the door.

"The party starts at nine.."

_______________________________

After seven hours.

It's already nine. Should I go? Or just stay here? He was right when he said it would be good for my reputation, a reputation he was destroying. Why would he personally ask me to go? He is a very special person. Usually I can read and understand other people, but when it comes to him my powers just... vanish.

I decided to go there. Just like Pandora curiosity takes the best of me.

I do my make up, metallic eyeshadow and eyeliner. I use a matte red lipstick and I let my hair down. My almond shaped black eyes were very visible in the light.

I chose to wear my red fishtail dress and my gold Versace pointed toe heels. Simply badass. The time sets ten, but I don't mind, good things take time and that's what I was...

 The time sets ten, but I don't mind, good things take time and that's what I was

I enter the gates of the mansion. I could see the lights and the people with expensive gowns and suits having a good time.

I get out of my cab and walk inside. The classic music was playing and I could feel some people's eyes on me.

"Hello Rogue. You are here... and late." I hear Ryan's voice say.

I was standing in my side profile so I turn my head to look at him. When he sees me like that his eyes widen and he takes a good look at me.

"Maybe it was worth it."-he says as he comes closer to me.

He was wearing a white button up shirt with red pants and jacket and of course his expensive shiny shoes, his outfit matching mine. He looked so hot and somehow I couldn't manage to take me eyes off him.

"You look ravishing."-he says and somehow a smile slips on my lips.

"Thank you."-I say as I grab a glass of Moët Chandon he hands me.

"Enjoy your evening."-he says and leaves my side and I don't know why I felt cold after that.

I take a sip from my champagne glass and look around. There were gangsters, corrupted people, vassals, people with an important stature and of course females that wanted to live a careless life or that came with their man.

This could be a good opportunity for me. Luckily I wasn't like those other women.

While I was having these thoughts a man comes close to me. Feeling disappointed that it wasn't Ryan I try not to pay attention, he doesn't quit.

"You don't look like these other women."-he says.

"That's because I am not, so don't stand by me if you are looking for your average woman."-I say to him.

"I am not."-he says flashing a charming smile.-"I can see you are a businesswoman."

"I am not available for the moment."-I say and accidentally I look at Ryan. He was looking at me and he didn't even bother quitting.

"You won't regret it."-the man next to me said.

After that I felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist.

"Everything alright love?"-Ryan asks.

"I was trying to make business with the lady, but she made it clear that she wasn't available."-the man says.

"Well in that case you would think better and leave."-Ryan says and spins me around.

"Would you allow me a dance with you?"-he says, but doesn't even wait for my response.

He places his hand on my waist and brings me closer to his chest.

"We are matching."-he says lowering his head closer to my level.

"If I knew better I would have picked another dress."-I say rolling my eyes at him.

"Don't roll your eyes, it's disrespectful."-he says keeping a straight face.

"I don't care how you take it."-I say to him.

"Why don't you try and see me not like the enemy for once. I am trying really hard for you to create a good opinion for me."-he says.

"Why would you care about what I think of you?"-I ask, but he chooses to ignore my question. Good start to make me like him.

He carries me in his arms taking me closer to the floor, one of his hands in my waist, the other in my thigh.

"How much you hate me Miss Rogue?"-he asks and then brings me back up to my feet.

"I would destroy myself just to take you down with me."-I say to him, but that was partly a lie, because I desired him with the same strength that I hated his guts.

He chuckles."Well that is way too much, when it comes from a woman like you."

"I'm glad you understand."-I say and step back from him.

I really do hate him, for making me an asset of him, for tying me up to him and... For making me feel things I have never felt before until now...