Lying

My entire body felt numb and shocked. He wanted me to kill the only person I love...

"What? You can't do it?"-I hear his voice speak.-"There is always half of your empire for me to take. Besides, it won't be that difficult for you to do it, I have heard that she works for you."

I was sick of his fake kindness. Time to take off the masks.

"Why her?"-I ask him.

"She did some damaging to my properties and well... Because I know how much she means to you."-he says and that was enough to make me mad.

"YOU SNAKE!!!!!"-I say as I come close to hit him, but his men come inside.

Angelo smiles and tells his man to stay back, then he turns to me.

"I hold your marker, you can't kill me and you know it. First you are going to have to clear your debt, and then you can do whatever you want.."-he says looking triumphant.

"And after that I will kill you in the most painful and miserable way."-I say as I turn around.

"Let's see if you complete the task first"-he says as I walk out of the door.

I get downstairs and I see her standing there. She was looking at the people dancing. I wish the earth would swallow me right now. What am I going to do?

At that moment she turns around and looks at me. God I can't do this, I can't look at her.

I move close to her direction, the pain slowly getting stronger with each step I took. She gives me a genuine smile.

"So how did it go?"-she asks.

So how do I answer? I ask myself... What am I supposed to say to her?..

"It was alright, nothing I can't do."-I lied. I felt a strong pain on my chest like my heart was trying to punish me. Hell, I wanted to punish myself too.

"Okay."- she says and doesn't continue the conversation.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We get inside the hotel. The entire drive was silent. I didn't knew what to say...

"Good night!"-I say to her.

"You know if you would come inside I wouldn't mind."-she says, seducing me.

But I couldn't, I couldn't touch her, kiss her or love her when I think about what I have to do. I couldn't hold her in my arms without thinking about that stupid pact. And it killed me, it cut through me, but I couldn't.

"Tomorrow."-I say and open the door of my room. Will there be a tomorrow?

I walk inside my room and take my jacket and bowtie off. I sit on the couch and pour some whiskey in a glass. I drink it all with one breath....

Then I smash the glass in the wall, I flip the table and kick the sofa. I needed to do something, I needed to take my anger out someway. I was trapped... And what do beasts do when they are trapped? They roar, they smash and destroy everything.

I grab the bottle and sit on the floor. After I take a sip from the liquid I run my hands in my hair. I was acting like a madman, like a wild beast. I was smashing, I was crashing, I was.... Crying?!...

My eyes started to water, they burned and tears started coming out of them. I haven't tried this feeling in a long time. But I was right now I was taking my anger out by crying.

I throw my head back and let that feeling take over me....

After two hours I get up. In other circumstances I would have never thought I would be in this situation. Ironic isn't it?

I go towards the bathroom and turn on the light.

From the mirror I could see this man looking at me. His hair was messy and his eyes red, he seemed like a corpse comparing to his usual state.

I grab a glass and throw it towards the mirror, breaking it. How can a human being feel so much despair?

Walking like a drunk man I find my way to the shower. I open the water and just sit down. I needed to think, but I couldn't....

Angelo used the favor I owed him in his advantage so now he can have more power and he will have it anyway. If I don't kill Rogue he will have half of my empire, if I do I will have signed my own destruction, because I will be empty without her...

What I'm I supposed to do? Give half of what I have built to a man that is going to destroy it together with the other lives in it? Or cut off my oxygen supply?

But it isn't me the only person that is at risk here. There are thousands of lives... Look at the irony, the person that thinks about taking lives now wants to save them.

I stay in the shower letting the cold water run through my naked chest, struggling in making the hardest decision I have ever made. Every now and then I run my hands in my face desperately trying to wake up from this nightmare... But, it isn't a nightmare, it is real and now I can clearly see the decision I have to make, the decision that will cost me everything....
_______________________
I enjoyed writing this chapter, I hope you enjoyed reading it too. ☺️😍
Lot's of love badgal