A dark masquerade

The day was up, I slowly open my eyes and feel Ryan's arms embracing me.

I turn around and place my hand softly on his cheek. "Hey, so this is proof that I wasn't dreaming last night?"

He smiles and kisses me. "No, you weren't."

My smile fades when I think about tonight. "Yet, there are still some problems we need to deal with."

"Everything is going to be alright."-he says to me.

Somehow I didn't thought so judging on the situation. A marker is a vow you make, a vow you seal with your blood and that you must complete it whenever the holder of that marker tells you. You will loose your honor if you don't fulfill the task that is asked to do. You must do it and there is no going back.

Ryan notices me thinking and says:"Whatever happens, whatever I have to deal with I will have your back."

"That is not what I'm worried, I am worried about you."-I reply.

His eyes shine... "I am seeing sides of you I never thought they existed. You know it is the first time someone worries about me."

And trust me I didn't knew I had that side neither but... "Sometimes it takes the right person to make them visible."-I say to him.

"I am glad I get to be that person."

He gets up from the bed and that was the signal I needed to realize that these cute moments were now over.

"We will leave to Venice in two hours."
_______________________________________________

Venice, the city of romance, the city of water, the city of myths.. and the city of masks.

I look at the beautiful view from the window. It was night... The darkness of the canals seemed to in synchronization with the quietness of the narrow streets. The lights shining in the side of the streets had an weak glow, almost not glowing at all.

Why did everything seemed so dark? And I am not taking only about the streets. There was a darkness that I felt coming, a darkness that seemed to grow....

I try to get rid of my thoughts and get dressed.

First I do my makeup, red lips and eyeliner. I put on my crystal dress and make an up-do hairstyle.

After I finish putting on some perfume I get up from my chair to look at the window. It seemed like the darkness was getting closer. Now the only shiny thing was the reflection of the crystals on my dress.