You see...

"What is it?"-Ryan asks him... we pull away.

"Come with me."-he says.

We follow him through the crowd. The people were too busy chatting so they didn't notice.

"This way."-The man says leading us to the front door.

We were now outside. The cold night wind made my body shiver. But there was something else I felt too..

There were already gathered Dianora, Domenico and some of the other mafia heads.

"Ryan this is not good."-Domenico says.

We get closer and now I see what they were talking about. There were three bodies on the floor killed in cold blood.

"Well he has found out."-Fabrizio says.

Who was he? And most important what does he want?..

"Why would anybody do such a thing?"-I ask. I felt like I was the only one that didn't knew anything.

"An old wolf because he just got a bad news."-Domenico says.

One of the man reaches and grabs a letter:
"Next time I won't be so generous."

At the end of the letter there was a symbol, a mask.

"This is a warning."-I quickly say.

"And an Invitation..."-Dianora says.

"So you all know what we are dealing here..."-I say.
And I was sure they did.
"This invitation comes from Venice Rogue."-she explains.

"From Angelo Di Maggio."-Ryan continues.-"I made a pact and he wants the return of the favor now I guess."

"This person would kill your men and threaten you? What kind of a deal is this?"-I ask. I knew that all of us here had problems, but here was something hidden.

"A marker."-he says. This wasn't good.-"And now it seems like he wants me to pay my debt."

How on earth has Ryan signed a marker? He should know better than that...

"You know that we can get rid of him in a second.."-Domenico says.

"No, it won't be necessary. You know the code this is my war now."-Ryan says as we walk in. And now I was starting to realize how little me and Ryan actually knew each other..
_______________________________

"A MARKER? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IS THAT GOING TO COST YOU?"-I say. I felt betrayed that he didn't tell me such a big problem.

"I had to."-he says everyone would have done it.

"NO, NOT EVERYONE COULD FALL INTO THOSE TRAPS. YOU KNOW NO ONE HELPS YOU UNLESS IT BENEFITS THEM.. EVER!"-I say and he rushes behind me and turns me around. I was furious.

"Look at me, look at me!"-he says grabbing my cheeks and forcing me to look at him.

Why am I feeling weaker? Why is my anger fading? NO!

"YOU SIGNED THAT THING WITH YOUR BLOOD AND NOW YOU HAVE TO DO WHATEVER HE ASKS YOU! WHAT IF IT IS DANGEROUS?"-I say.. I wasn't supposed to say that last one...

"Why won't you listen to me?"-he says grabbing my arms with his big hands.

"Why? What could you say that is going to make this disappear?"-I ask. I sounded upset.. but my blood was boiling and I didn't knew the exact reason. There were so many...

"You see... I ... Yes, there is something I have to say. I didn't tell you because I wanted to protect you!.."-he says leaving me speechless.

"And please don't tell me you haven't realized it... well even if you haven't... Do you remember asking me what did you left with that was more important than winning the war? You left with something cold and dark in your hands, something that when it looks at you it bleeds. You left with my heart... You came as a curse, as a threat, but that changed. Rogue I ... I am in love with you. And trust me I never thought that would ever happen, but it did. So fast that I didn't realize how.. I just know..."-he says placing his hand in his head.

What was I supposed to do after this? What could I say?

I get closer to him and do something I thought I would never do... I hug him. So tight I felt all my body warm up.

He raises his head and I kiss him. The kiss was delicate and like nothing I have ever experienced... it was full of feeling. And I already knew what I had to say:

"I love you too..."

He smiles... "Will you be with me in this war?"

"Until the end.."

"And you are not a bit afraid?"-he asks placing his hand on my cheek, bringing me closer to him.

"Trust me when I tell you I faced my biggest fear just a minute ago."

"I guess we have something else to solve tomorrow then."-he says.

"I guess so, but first...."-I close the light and drop my dress on the floor...
______________________________

Guys I have started working on a new book!!!! I don't know how many of you have read Donna d'onore and remember Aurora. For the ones that do: SHE IS COMING BACK! And for the ones that don't I'll explain everything on the following weeks.
Lot's of love badgal 💋💋😘