High table

The car stops in front of the hotel and I get out.

"So what did you thought about Domenico and Dianora?"-Ryan asks me.

"They seemed like great people. After all those difficulties they managed to win. It sounds unreal."-I say. And it really was, I mean how can someone go from hating someone to loving them? In my book that is even more unrealistic than werewolves.

"So when will the meeting with the other heads of the high table?"-I ask him.

"Tomorrow afternoon. I have to go now and work with somethings, you will be ready by than right?"-he asks as he approached his door.

"Of course I will."-I say and go inside my room..
___________\___________

This is something I haven't done before... I think to myself as I get ready.

I mean doing business with mobsters okay, kill some of them okay, but be a part of their decisions? I don't know.

Maybe there is nothing to worry about...

I put on my dark red lipstick and wear my beige skirt and lace top. I grab a white blazer and hat. After that I wear my nude shoes and get out of the hotel room.

Ryan was standing in front of my door and when he saw me he took a step forward

"Let's go."
____________\___________

We get in the place where the meeting was being held and I saw that there were already gathered a lot of people.

After us comes Dianora and Domenico.

Dianora comes closer to me and introduces us the people:"Fortunato, Michaelson, Capone, Ret and Mèng. These are the families that have a man sat here at the high table. This is Ryan Kingsley and Rogue Armstrong they represent the other half of New York City."

What impressed me is that as soon as she entered the room all the people bowed their heads. She was a leader.

After her came her husband:"It has been a year since we were gathered at this table, but you all know the situation. Since Salvatore died there have been problems."

"Well of course there are, a mafia capo is dead and that means that other organizations will trying to take advantage of that,"-Fabrizio Capone says.

"True, but we are powerful enough to fix that, now what we couldn't fix was his betrayal. I am glad la signora put an end to this."-some other says turning to Dianora. I see that she has a big power here at the high table.

"That is correct and now there are a few problems we have to face. Even though he was a traitor Salvatore was ruthless and evil, everyone knew that and they were scared that's why no one dared to take his territory."-Fortunato says.

"Well that doesn't happen anymore. The Russians are starting to have pretends about New York and I have information that the Mexicans are starting to do business in that territory."-another says.

During this time I was watching Ryan. He seemed very concentrated on the conversation, but I could tell that he wasn't pleased with it.

"It seems like everyone wants to be the King of New York."-Ret says.-"I think we shouldn't do anything, they will eventually kill each other."

"A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not why ships are made for."-I hear Ryan's voice echo through the room.-"Okay you say that we shouldn't do anything, but what will happen in the meantime? New York is going to turn into a war area and I can't allow that. They might kill each other, but problems will be caused and those problems will stay there for a long time."

I look at him from across the table. That was right. And he made a good point.

"That's right and that would be bad for all the business. New York is an important strategic point for us."-I hear an Asian woman dressed in a suit say.

"So what? We are powerful we can fix anything."-Ret says.

"Not if their craving for power starts to increase. They will do anything. You all might be powerful, but the wolf on top of the hill is not as hungry as the wold climbing the hill. We have to fix this, urgently."-that was me talking. I knew I was right.

For a moment all of the people were looking at me. Even Ryan, but unlike the other times, this time he seemed satisfied. He was looking at me surprised, but content.

"Ciao bella!.. Talking from experience?"-Dario says. He was challenging me.

"I stay always hungry, but unlike some I never act thirsty."-I simply say raising my eyebrows. You chose the wrong woman to play with.

The tensional state seemed to feel on air so Domenico decides to take a step.

"There is no need to argue. You are all right, but we have thought something. Since half of New York is on Mr. Kingsley's power he is going to look out for the others half too. He is very powerful and he has been making business with us many times, so this makes him the perfect candidate."-He says.
Wait.. Ryan is becoming the head of New York?

I turn my eyes to look at him.. Domenico was right. He was perfect for this...

All the others agree and Domenico continues:"Since you all agree then this meeting is closed. The word will be spread soon."

I don't know if I should feel happy or worried, happy because he is my boss, but worried because I didn't knew how him being bigger and more powerful would affect on me...

We get up and go outside.

"So I guess you are two times more powerful now?"-I say.

He smiles:"I am always very powerful this is something extra I guess."-he says and faces me.-"Nothing will change."

I would like to believe that..