Take care

His hand moves to his wound and he touches it making hand red from the blood. He winces at it and sits down at the car.

"It will get better."-he says, but his face was becoming pale.

"We need to get him to cure his wound."-I say to the others.

They turn their attention from Ryan to me and one of them says:"The doctor that usually takes care of these things is out of town and we can't go to a hospital."

I knew we couldn't go to the hospital because the doctor would call the police and they would start to make questions. So I thought I would do the best I could do at that moment.

"I'll take care of the wound."-I say and hop on the drivers seat.

I start the car and take a look at Ryan from the mirror. He was trying to keep himself together, but his face was pale. I hope there aren't any ribs broken because they could cause serious damage.

As I continued driving I felt my palms getting sweaty as I gripped the steering wheel. I couldn't even concentrate on the road because I would find myself every moment checking on his condition. He seems to notice that when he says:

"We are both going to be in serious danger if you don't focus on the road. I won't die love so you won't be lucky enough to finish the contract in advance." He was smiling, but surprisingly that was the least of my worries.

I stop by the building and help Ryan get out of the car. When we get to my apartment he  lays in the sofa while I go to get some equipment.

Quickly I get to the drawers trying to find something, but there were only equipment for cutting and wipes, but no alcohol. I did what I could think of and grab a bottle of whiskey.

I get to Ryan and take off his bloody jacket and then rip off his shirt.

"You are enjoying this aren't you?"-he says trying to smile and I pour some alcohol in the napkin and place it to his wound to sterilize it and add a little bit of pressure to make him think again about that sentence he just said.

He yelps in pain."Okay, okay I got it."

There was a lot of blood that was pouring from his wound and I saw why. The bullet was too deep and I knew that was going to require some work.

After a few efforts, grunts and groans the bullet was finally out. Since there was plenty of blood I had to take his belt to stop the bleeding and after that I used the alcohol to stop it from getting infected and then I stitch it.

When I finished I removed all the bloody sheets and put them in the washing machine. I got back to the room only to find Ryan sleeping. There was one thought that made me do what I did because I don't help people often.
_______________________________
After I wake up in the morning I go to the room to check on him. I noticed him standing on bed some of the sheets weren't covering his body and I came to notice that he was completely naked under a part of those sheets.

"Rise and shine!"-I say as I enter the room.

He looks at me and smiles"Good morning."

"How are you feeling?"-I ask him.

His hands move to the wound touching it lightly."Better, thanks to you."

"I did what I had to do."-I say trying to make him notice that it wasn't a big deal, but I saw that he didn't think so.

"No, I am sure that you don't do this for anyone just like I don't go around thanking people."-he said as he continued to look at me.

"I admit you are right I don't do it, but I had to after what you did for me. Yes, I realized that bullet was meant for me before you got in to protect me."-I finally say to him and I knew that was the truth.-"And I don't like to be in debt to anyone."

His face changed when he learned that I knew. He thought that was something I wouldn't figure out, but boy I did.

"And you think that I did it to make you in debt with me?"-he asks looking in my eyes.

"Well that is the most logical explanation."-I say to him. I didn't even knew what to reply looking at his reaction.

"Really? Out of all the possible reasons, this is what you think?"-He smiles ironically. He was trying to make me understand something I couldn't, or maybe something that wasn't possible.

"Well yea I..."-I was cut mid sentence when he grabs my hair and brings my face closer to his kissing me passionately. His tongue enters my mouth exploring every inch and then he bites my lower lip. Damn it I couldn't pull away even if I wanted to. But I didn't want to.

To hold my balance I put my hand on his body, but that was wrong because he yelps from his wound hurting finally making me to pull back.

"I did it because of this, because I can't afford loosing you miss. Rogue."-he says.

I was looking into his eyes, lost in the depth of them... What was going on with us?