All the roads lead to..

I was standing in the hall of Ryan's house waiting for him to come and make us know about our next deal.

After a few minutes he comes in looking classy dressed in his suit. He looks at me and comes close sitting in a chair.

I look around and notice that not a lot of people were here this time. Usually when we had business or deal to make Ryan would gather a lot of people, but I guess this time was different...

"I asked some of you here because there might be some changes in the future. And these changes will affect us too, all of us. As you know there are a few uncertainties in this city regarding the other organizations working in here and we will have to clear somethings out. So tonight I will leave from the town and I might be back in a week. Jake, you will take care of the business while I'm gone and there is also going to be someone else that will join me in what I have to do."-he says.

He had now gotten up from the chair and was walking around the hall in slow steps. I still had some difficulties in figuring out what is happening and everything becomes more confusing when Ryan turns to me and says:"Miss Rogue you will be the one joining me."

And I had no idea what was I supposed to do. Judging from our current situation I supposed this was going to be something very serious to and it will affect even him.

The other men leave one by one and I am left alone with Ryan.

"What is happening?"-I ask him.

I didn't knew what was going on and I needed to get information about where I was getting myself into. Somehow I knew this matter was kind of important for us.

He comes close to me and rubs his forehead:"Maybe this goes beyond of what you are used to, but you were the best alternative I could think of, or maybe because I would want you to be by me in this moment. As I said there are other organizations working in our city and one of them is the Italian mafia. There are somethings we have to clear out, because the man that controlled a part of New York's territory is dead and I have made a deal with the Italians so we work together and now we have to talk about fixing the territory."-he says.

"Yes, you are right this kind of goes beyond of what I'm used to, but not all the way, because I have made deals with mobsters too, just not regarding to their territories. I have heard that these things are very sacred to them, just like their code, honor and respect."-I say to him.

He smiles and continues:"Right, well this is very good and negotiations are some of the things you do best, besides this you have told me that you can speak Italian so I guess I have made the right choice."

I smile. I knew this was a promotion for my job and I have never been afraid of the danger, but most of all I appreciated the fact that he had thought about me, that I was the first option and the best one.

"Thank you."-I say for the first time talking nicely to him.

"For what?"-he asks coming closer.

"For not being like the other men in some cases."-I say wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I am a very powerful man, and that means definitely not like the others. Besides a whole week without you? I had to be crazy to even think I could survive it."-he says embracing me and kissing my lips softly.
_____________________________________________________________

We get inside the plane to Rome. Traveling again... Probably the best feeling ever. I was a free and adventurous spirit and traveling was something I did for fun. Some people get tired of it, but not me. I know that I will never get tired of traveling.

There was something that I didn't understand. We were in first class, but we were traveling on a public plane, not Ryan's private jet.

I turn to him:"Why are we traveling by public plane this time?"-I ask.

He places his glass of whiskey on the table and looks at me:"This business is kind of important and I don't want to risk compromising. It is better this way because we don't draw a lot of attention. We might be powerful, but the police knows that we aren't saints. It's just that they can't do anything about it. Still we don't want to give them any reasons to disturb us. If all the  powerful mobsters and gangsters gathered together that way the police would suspect about something."-he explains.

"Right, these are inside business."-I say.

He looks at me satisfied."I knew it was the right decision to have you by my side."
_________________________

After eight hours we were at the Rome airport. We get inside the car that was waiting for us and get to that hotel. It was nighttime and the city looked great covered by beautiful lights.

The car was pulling over at the hotel where we were going to stay and I was amazed by its beauty. The fountain was so big it looked like a waterfall. It was decorated with statues of Roman Gods like Venus, Eros etc.

 It was decorated with statues of Roman Gods like Venus, Eros etc

Just likeVienna, Rome was also a beautiful city. Europe is a continent with ancient history and beautiful architecture.(A/N I am European 😜😜)

I turn around and see Ryan looking at me.

"What?"-I ask.

"Nothing it's just that you look very cute when you are lost in your thoughts admiring these things."-he says chucking.

"Well of course, they are beautiful... weren't you looking at them too?"-I ask him.

He smiles, places his arm on my waist and whispers into my ear:"I was too busy admiring the beauty of the one looking at them."

We get inside of the hotel.
"Tomorrow at ten we have to get somewhere... I want you to meet someone people."-he says to me, but I was too busy thinking about something else...

"Ryan!"-I call for him.

"Yes?"-he says turning to face me.

I get close to his door."Remember that poem you wrote me? There is something that hasn't left my mind ever since I read it: What did that woman left with that was more valuable than the prize of the war?"-I ask. I had to know.

He smiles and opens his door:"I see I have succeeded in one thing, to make the reader think about what he has read, but I have to succeed in another. And that is to make the reader realize what he read. What is the point of a masterpiece if the writer has to tell the message to the reader? The key is for the reader to figure it out."-he says and gets inside of his room.

I smile to myself... not with this reader. I had a doubt, but in this special case I wanted the writer to tell me that...