Fascination

(A/N to all them beautiful, confident femme fatales out there. Listen to the song. It will make you feel closer to this chapter.)

Rogue POV

I did my hair and put on my diamond jewelry. My Cartier earrings were shining in the light of the room. The lipstick looked perfect and the gown I was wearing was definitely very elegant. It was time for me to do my job.

As I grab my purse I get out of my hotel room. When I go out my eyes meet a pair of familiar ones. Ryan was looking at me standing outside. He looked very elegant in his black smoking.

An evil, hot, responsible man with a sense of good class. What could I ask for a better date?

Of course Ryan is going to keep his identity a secret during the evening, even though that seems hard to do for a man with his reputation. But it had to be done. He said it was important for this job.
______________________________

Ryan POV

As I was thinking about the job and the evening my eyes encounter my sweet poison.
She looked so beautiful in her dress. I don't even have words to describe her. She gets more beautiful every time I look at her. And just like a sweet poison she feels good, but kills you just the same.

I can't even forget the feeling of her lips and that worries me because I know I shouldn't get too attached to her. It is not good.

"Good evening beautiful!"-I say and her eyes sparkle. I suppose she liked my compliment even though I know she will never admit it.

"Good evening."-she says and gets inside the car.

The driver starts the engine and we move.......

During the entire drive I felt an urgent need to talk to her, touch her, feel her. But I decided not to say anything the entire drive.

As we stop in the place where we would do the business, a palace to be exact I manage to grab her arm and bring her close to me.

"Deliver the package. I will be waiting somewhere around here."-I say to her. Of course she knew what to do, this was just an excuse for me to get closer to her. And it actually worked, her body flinched under my touch. She tried to shake it off, but it was late.

"Of course I know my job."-she says smiling and entering the building, after a while I would walk inside too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rogue POV

I get inside the big and beautiful building. Yeah it was definitely a palace. The place 'screamed' gold and crystal. It was probably the most classy event I have ever participated in. This made me thought I should upgrade my job, when I finish my contract with Ryan that is.

As I walk in the big hall I could feel some men looking at me, a feeling I was now used to.

I take a drink and stand for a while.. Of course the true intention of this was to see the man I was supposed to hand the suitcase.

In a few moments I manage to recognize him. He was wearing a grey suit and was talking to some other men. I needed to get him alone so I decided to keep an eye on him and be ready to meet him when the other men leave.

It seemed like luck was on my side because after a few minutes the man was finally alone.
I take a look in the mirror I had with me and approach him.

I was standing just beside him and then I sit in a chair close to his left side.

"I suppose you are here to give me my part?"-the man says looking at me with his blue eyes.

"That is right."-I say and bring the suitcase to his side carefully.

He seemed like a high class man and a very powerful one might I add. I could say he almost got me intrigued.

Of course that wasn't enough, so I get ready to leave, but it seemed like he noticed because when I got ready to get up he says:

"Wouldn't you like us to get a bottle of champagne? You seem like a very... Interesting woman." His hand was now on my cheek caressing me and of course making me get away from him even more.

"I think it would be better for me to get going."-I say not wanting to continue talking to him.

"Why not? You already did your job."-he says, but as he tried to continue we get interrupted by no other than Ryan.

He places his hand in my waist,  brings his face closer to mine and says with a deep voice:"Let's go love."

Surprised I get off my chair without even bothering to look at the other man's reaction and leave with Ryan by my side.

"What was that? I thought you weren't supposed to reveal yourself."-I say to him. I really didn't understand; once he says he isn't supposed to show himself and then he comes to me in plain sight in the middle of the conversation.

"I didn't. I just got you away from a very uncomfortable situation."-he says raising an eyebrow.-"Shall we dance?" He asks looking at me.

There was a tango song playing and I loved this kind of dance. It speaks for me and describes me perfectly.

"Well why not?"-I say smiling.

He takes my hand and brings me in the middle of the hall.

I place myself hand in his shoulder and I feel his big hand on my waist. We grab our other hands and stretch them.

Our feet start to move slowly and after that I get low and move my leg opening it aside like I was drawing a half circle. I quickly get up and we move left to right.

"I can't believe you are showing yourself like this."-I say to him. That was dangerous.

"Don't worry love I can handle myself. Besides I had to save you from him."-he says smiling at me.

"When I need your help I will write you a letter."-I say to him. He smirks and rotates me.

"You don't have to I can sense your feelings from miles away. So I did good to save you."-he says very confident about himself. I was starting to get annoyed with that so I decided to change it.

"And what tells you that I wanted to be saved?"-I asked and his expression changed. I won!

He pulls me closer to the floor and then quickly brings me back up to him. He was tightening his grip around me and reducing our distance. If there was any.

"Your expression, your eyes, your body, they told me you wanted to be saved."-he growls.-"And I hated the way he was touching you."-he said as he moved his hand on my thigh.

"Well you are touching me right now and..."

"And you want me to touch you."-he whispers in my ear.

Damn it I enjoyed that feeling. He was right. I enjoyed him touching me and I hated when he was right. I decided to keep quiet.

****************************************

The job ended well and I managed to do what I was told. I knew Ryan still didn't trusted me, just like I didn't trusted him. But for tonight one thing I learned and it was for sure: He was jealous.

I bite my lip as I lay into my soft bed.....