Reconciliation

(A/N this song is everything)

God, how much I hated Ryan! I hated and craved him at the same time. I keep wondering what is happening to myself. Why do I get this awkward feeling when he comes close to me? Why do I feel the urge to touch him when he stands so close? Why did I wanted to feel his lips on mine again? Why do I feel like melting when he smiles at me? What is going on with me?

My fingers find their way to my lips again trying to remember the last time in Vienna when we exchanged our last kiss. I was always able to lie, but for some reason I couldn't lie when it came to him. And I honestly hated that. I can't lose my power...

I hear the doorbell ring and I get up from the sofa. I come close to the door and open it.

There stood Ryan Kingsley,  the man I most definitely didn't want and expect to see.

Quickly I try to close the door and leave him outside, but he is quick enough to prevent me from doing it.

"I come in peace."-he says and he was holding a bottle of Dom Perignon in his hands.-"Come on love, I am trying to make peace with you."

He was smiling and when I looked at him like that I gave up. I open the door for him to get in without saying anything.

"Thank you, that wasn't very hard now was it."-he says.

I was conflicted with myself. I didn't knew what was he doing here or why was he here. Maybe I shouldn't have let him come in, but then again he might have something important to say and he came bearing gifts. I mean who wouldn't like a glass of Dom Perignon right?

"What are you doing here?"-I ask him.

He puts the box of the champagne on the table and turns to me:"I told you, I wanted to make peace."

"Well that reason doesn't convince me so you have to do a little bit better than that."-I say to him and I wasn't lying. I found it very hard to believe that he would come here just because he cared of our relationship.

He slowly comes close to me and grabs both of my arms with his big hands. It was more like a gentle touch. Like he was trying to make me concentrate on something.

"Why don't you believe me? What if I told you that I didn't like the way our last encounter ended and I wanted to make it better? What if I told you that I do care about the way we interact, that I do care if you are happy or mad with me?"-he says and I would swear he almost got me convinced. But he didn't make it. Not after what he does.

"If you care as much as you say then why do you send people to follow me if you know I keep my word and we have a contract I still respect."-I say. No, it wasn't that easy, this time he wasn't going to win my forgiveness with just a snap of his fingers.

He moves his hands from my arms and reaches for my hand."Maybe I shouldn't have done that, but I don't trust people easily and to think about the way we started I was right."

Hmmm, no no boy. This crapy apology is not going to work on me.

"If this is your way of apologizing then let me tell you that this stands below average so you can try a bit harder or you can get out of my house."-I wasn't having it and it doesn't matter how much I want his presence, I loved my dignity much more.

"GOD ROGUE I APOLOGIZE OKAY? I apologize for doubting you and thinking that you would do something that would damage you in many ways. You are smarter than that!"-he says immediately getting up from where he was standing. Now that was better. He had now manage to scratch a little bit the surface of the ways to understand me. But there was a long way to get to understand the whole thing.. If that was possible.

"Apology accepted! Now please have a seat, it is not good for a person to drink a Dom Perignon alone."

He sits down at the white leather sofa while I go and pour some of the liquor in the glasses.

I handle him one of the glasses and sit next to him.

"Don't worry, I didn't poison it."-I say to him smiling.

He chuckles and takes a sip."I know you haven't, you wouldn't waist such fine things."

"Right."-I say. I suppose we were finally making peace with each other.
_______________________

After two glasses of champagne and some good conversations I come to notice that Ryan seemed more free out of his place, out of his position as a gangster. We had so much in common.

"You know I really like when I can have some good intellectual stimulating conversations with someone."-I say. I was now laying on him, his powerful arms wrapping my upper body.

"True and I don't really get the chance to do that often, but right now there is something that I need to do more than anything else."-he says and he puts his thumb and index finger on my chin bringing my face closer to his and I figured out exactly what he wanted to do.

His lips felt soft against mine and I finally had what I was missing all this time. The craving that I felt for days finally found an end when his lips moved in sync with mine. It was like we were both suffering for something we hadn't had in days, something that we couldn't explain, but that we knew what it was.

He brought his body closer to mine and licked my bottom lips earning a moan from me that he responded with a growl. I smiled against his lips and he moved his hands to my arm before we pulled back.

"I had missed that feeling, that sweetness that came from you."-he says and puts his finger in my lips brushing them-"This is my favorite view, my piece of art. I love when your lips are red from my kisses."

Those kisses were now my favorite feeling and for a moment I wanted to have my lips feel like that all the time...