Chapter 3: Niall

Two and a Half Hours Later

I was getting tired of waiting for the doctor to come back into my room with my pain medicine prescription. By the time I finished telling Greg and Liam what happened, I just wanted someone to shoot me. They both looked like they were ready to leave and go kick Harry's ass. A small part of me wanted them to. My hand hurt so bad I just wanted to cry. Thank God it was not broken. The urgent care doctor said it was a Grade 2 sprain. No torn ligaments but I needed to do something called R.I.C.E. Louis of course wrote down what RICE stood for. I couldn't think let alone try to remember some acronym.

Liam had been leaning up against the wall just opposite of me the whole time. I tried to keep my eyes either on Greg, Louis, the doctor or the floor. Every time I looked up at him he smiled, and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I would smile back politely and then look away.

No one has ever had this kind of effect on me before, not even Harry. It always bothered me that I never got those butterfly moments with Harry that all my friends talked about. I knew deep down inside Harry and I were never meant to be. I mean, I'm not even feeling upset anymore about what happened.

Of course it could be the incredibly hot guy standing across the room who was burning holes into me with his eyes. His beautiful chocolate brown eyes that just melted my heart and for the first time in my life, made my body tighten with anticipation...down there.

Oh holy hell...what is going on with me?

I shook my head to clear my thoughts again. I could not let this guy get under my skin no matter how freaking hot he was. I looked up at him again and this time I felt the heat rise up and flush my face. Liam let out a small laugh that made his whole body tighten. I licked my lips as I watched his body respond to his laughter. My god this guy had a nice body. All I wanted to do was inspect every square inch of it.

Wait...That fucking bastard just laughed at me! This is why I'm never going to have anything to do with men again. I will die a virgin and be proud of it.

"Sooo, what are the plans for Saturday night?" Louis asked while looking at Greg I'm sure the same way I had been looking at Liam.

"I know what my plans are, not sure about yours, squirt," Greg responded back to Louis.

"Oh. My. God! Can you please not call me that! I'm eighteen years old and not a child, you asshole," Louis hissed.

"Well you sure as hell act like a child squirt," Greg stated matter-of-factly.

"I thought we were having a party at the house to celebrate Niall's graduation," Liam said as he looked back and forth between Louis and Greg. He seemed just as confused about what was going on between them as I was. I would swear they were in a staring contest with the way they were looking at each other.

"Wait...wait just one damn minute. You're having a party...at your house? For us? Oh. My. God...this is awesome!" Louis jumped up and nearly knocked over the sharps container that was to his right.

"Um, no squirt, I'm having a party at my house for Niall. Not you." Greg said as he turned to look up at me. I smiled my biggest I-love-the-shit-out-of-you smile as I looked at him.

"Are you for real? I mean I finally get to meet all of your friends and go to a college party!" I was about to act like a total fool myself and jump up and down. If Liam had not been in the room, I so would've done it.

"You bet I am, Ni. You only graduate from high school once. It's one of my presents to you!" Greg said as he got up to come and hug me.

I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. When I looked over Greg's shoulder there was that drop-my-pants smile again. This time I didn't mind it so much. I smiled back at him just as big as he was smiling at me. I have to admit I think I was more excited knowing I was going to be at a party where I knew for a fact Liam would be. I had been to their house before, but Greg always made sure Liam was never home.