Chapter 8: Liam

I woke up with a startle. It took me a second to realize I was still on the sofa. Oh man...my neck was killing me! I must have fallen asleep watching the movie. The movie was over and it was just replaying the main menu over and over again.

Liam? Liam don't go! No! He does, you're wrong... you're wrong! Liammm!

What the hell? I looked over and Niall was dreaming, if you could call it that. He was calling out my name in his dream. Holy shit! He sounded scared to death. I jumped up, careful not to knock him off the sofa. I pushed the coffee table a little out of the way, and I knelt down next to him and started to stroke his hair.

"Niall, sweetheart, wake up. Niall, wake up...sweetheart, please wake up."

Fuck! My heart was pounding a mile a minute. What the fuck was he dreaming about and where the fuck was I going? I would never leave him...ever.

"Niall, sweetheart, wake up." Niall's eyes opened suddenly and he looked right at me. Next thing I knew he started to cry and sat up and threw himself into my arms. He was crying hysterically and I was really fucking freaked out. I was going to kick my ass if I hurt him in a dream. I couldn't possibly fuck this up in a goddamn dream...could I?

"Oh my God! Liam..." Niall cried out in between sobs.

"Shhh, Niall, it's okay, everything is okay, I'm here sweetheart, and I'm not going anywhere. I promise." Just then Niall pulled back and looked at me. His eyes were filled with tears and he looked so goddamned confused. He shook his head no for a second and just stared at me.

"No one will ever want me Liam, or stay with me...ever," he whispered.

What the hell? My God, what did his mother do to him?

"Niall, sweetheart, that's just not true."

I pushed his hair out of his eyes. My God, he was even beautiful when he was crying. The only thing I wanted to do at that moment was take away his fear and doubts. To show him how much he was wanted. I looked down to his soft tear-soaked lips and licked my own lips. I started to lean in to kiss him and I heard the front door lock move. Niall must have heard it also because he quickly pulled out of my embrace and sat back just staring at me with this lost look on his face.

Greg walked in and surveyed what he saw.

"What's going on? Niall? Are you okay? Did you hurt your hand again?" Greg said as he looked back and forth between the two of us.

"No...um...no," Niall struggled to talk and was shaking his head as if trying to erase a memory. He quickly wiped away his tears and looked up at Greg. He looked back at him and snapped his head over to me.

"What the fuck did you do to him, Liam?"

Wait, what?

I quickly stood up and turned to Greg. "I didn't do a damn thing! We fell asleep watching a movie and he just woke up crying out from a dream. He literally just woke up crying."

I left out the part where he was crying out my name. I mean, I was not in the mood to get my ass kicked for hurting him in a fucking dream.

"Greg! Liam has been nothing but a gentleman to me all day and night. I can't even believe you would think he would do something to make me cry." Niall was sobbing even more now. Greg looked at Niall and back at me.

"Dude man, I know you would never, it's just I walked in here and he's crying and...fuck," Greg said as he knelt down at the edge of the sofa. I pushed the coffee table back out of the way.

"Niall, honey, what is going on? Why are you so upset? Is this about Harry?" Greg asked as he moved to sit down next to Niall on the sofa. Niall's face flew up to meet mine. He looked so confused and upset. My stomach was in my throat and for some reason I felt like I was going to get sick. I needed to go outside and get some air.