Chapter 37: Niall

Today was the day! I jumped up out of bed and made a beeline to my bathroom. It was working out perfectly, living in the guesthouse on Louis's parents' property. We both had our own bedroom and our own bathroom and best of all, we didn't have to pay rent to live here!

I had spent the night before last over at Liam's again. That made three nights I'd spent over there now. I don't think Greg was too happy about it, but I assured him nothing was going on. Louis finally got over the whole thing with waking up with Greg. He did tell me how for one brief moment he was thrilled to feel his hard on pressed into him and I had to stop him from speaking any further. Last thing I wanted to hear about was my brother's hard on.

Ewww!

I heard Louis grinding coffee beans and hurried up getting dressed. I put on a pair of shorts and a UT football t-shirt. Adidas were going to be my choice for the ride out to the ranch. I was so incredibly nervous about meeting Liam's grandparents. I noticed he hardly ever talked about his parents. He would mention his mom every now and then, but never talked about his father.

Just then my phone rang. I ran over and picked it up off the nightstand. Right on time!

"Good morning Liam! How did you sleep?"

"Good morning sweetheart! I slept like shit without you here. How did you sleep?"

I let out a laugh. "I slept okay, but just sleeping with you for a few nights has spoiled me. I miss waking up to your smile."

"Jesus, same here Ni, you're all I think about when I go to sleep and all I think about when I wake up," Liam said with such tenderness in his voice.

There was not a day that did not go by that he did not make me feel cherished. I really was waiting for the floor to fall out. Things like this just didn't happen to me.

"Are you getting excited?"

"YES! I'm packed and ready to go. I absolutely cannot wait to get going. How long will it take us to drive there?" I asked as I saw Louis walk by the bedroom with his cup of coffee in hand.

"Depends on how many stops y'all want to make, but it normally is about two hours and forty-five minutes."

"I'm really nervous about meeting your grandparents. What if they don't like me? Or disapprove of you bringing some more guys out there! Oh my gosh, that never even crossed my mind, Liam," I said, as panic started to build up inside of me.

Liam let out a laugh. I could picture him sitting on the sofa right now and that beautiful crooked smile and him throwing his head back as he laughed. Hmm, I wish I was there right now.

"Niall, I asked them before I even asked you if it would be all right to invite you and Louis out. My grandparents have a huge ranch house with four bedrooms. Greg and I will be in one and you and Louis will be in the other. Don't worry. My grandmother is dying to meet you, sweetheart, so please do not worry."

I let out the breath I'd been holding in. I wonder what his grandparents were like. I didn't even know if they were his dad's parents or his mother's. That was something I needed to know before I met them.

"So are these your dad's parents or your mom's?' I asked Liam as I saw Louis walk back by my door. He was talking on the phone to someone and did not look happy at all.

"I never told you? I'm sorry Niall. They're my father's parents. I spent pretty much every summer growing up at their ranch. I love that place. My father has a brother who has three daughters who used to join me every summer, and boy did we all raise hell together. They were pretty much tomboys growing up with me every summer. Man how we all used to love swimming in the Llano River, watching my Grams make her famous apple pies and tend to her flower and vegetable garden. My Gramps taught me everything about cattle."