Chapter 27: Niall

It had been three weeks since I last saw Liam. He called me every morning and I never answered. I thought after the first few days he would just give up. Same thing every night, and each time he would leave me a message. I cried every time I listened to him beg for me to call him back. This morning he left the longest message and it tore me apart.

He said since I wouldn't call him, he was just leaving it on my voicemail. He told me how upset he had been that I made him dance with Levi, he said he had to close his eyes and imagine that he was dancing with me. He just kept telling me how sorry he was and that he was so pissed he didn't even realize how it looked. It almost sounded like he was crying as he begged me to call him back. He was starting to sound just as bad as I felt.

Louis knocked and opened the bedroom door. "Hey, we're moving into the cottage today."

"Sounds good. I just need to get a few more things packed up," I said with a weak smile. After looking at apartments near campus the last two weeks and deciding we would have to work a full-time job to afford anything, we took Louis's parents up on their offer to let us live in their 2 bedroom cottage guest house.

Louis came and sat down next to me. "Did he call again, Ni?"

I started to cry and handed him my cell phone. Louis listened to the voicemail.

"Holy fuck, Niall. Can you not hear it in his voice? He said he's sorry...he's begging you!"

"I can't get the image of him dancing with him out of my head, Louis!"

"Niall, he said he was thinking of you. Do you not think that maybe that is why he got a little bit too much into the dancing? You went out with Rich last week and you even said you had to pretend it was Liam almost all night just to get through the date. Why is it so impossible for him to have to do the same thing? He made a mistake, Niall, and in a way I'm sure you confused the shit out of him with you offering him up to that bitch like that."

I looked up at Louis. He had a point. He had talked me into going on a double date with him and Jason and Jason's cousin Rich. I had a terrible time and thought about Liam the whole time. I did push him into dancing with Levi... I knew that. Damn, it was just hard to admit it.

"Louis, it's impossible for me to do this. I'm so scared of being hurt and I have such strong feelings for him. It scares me shitless!"

Louis let out a laugh. "I'm going to pull a Johannah on you: 'Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'm possible.' The great Audrey Hepburn, but we won't let mom know we didn't quote Katharine!"

I started to laugh. Louis always had a way of making me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry.

"I guess we could use some help moving?" I said with a small smile on my face.

"Yes we could! Jason is leaving for Europe today, so maybe Liam can help. Call him Niall. You have been miserable sweets."

"What about Greg? I haven't seen him in two weeks. Would you be okay with him coming over?"

"Of course I would be. We need to get things back to normal between us. Besides, I'm happy with Jason, so being around Greg will be fine," Louis said as he attempted to give me a sincere smile.

Bullshit! He was not happy and I could tell. When he was around Jason he seemed lost. He actually seemed happy when he told him he was going to Europe with his dad and brother on a hiking trip and was not sure how long it would be until he got back.

"Call him, Niall."

I picked up the phone and dialed his number. The moment I heard his voice the tears started to roll down my face. Oh God, how I missed him.