Chapter 10: Liam

I shut the door to my bedroom and leaned against it. Holy shit...down boy! I cannot believe I just fucking ran into Niall, and he was wearing nothing but a fucking towel.

Good Lord I can't catch my breath...breathe...in...out...shit!

Motherfucker! I cannot believe how much I wanted to just pull that damn thing off of him and take him right there against the wall. Yeah, Greg would sure as shit beat the fuck out of me for even thinking that. Shit! I hope I can look at him today and not picture him naked.

I wish I had time for a cold shower but that was out of the question. I needed to get dressed and make a few more phone calls for tomorrow night. First thing was to call back Steve, the guy who was DJ'ing for Niall's graduation party. Then I needed to order some food. Greg had his last day of work today, and then after that he was going to get some stuff for the party.

I quickly threw on a pair of shorts and a shirt. My dick was still somewhat hard from seeing Niall in that towel. Christ, the things that boy does to me. I couldn't believe how excited I was to just spend the day with him. Spending time with Niall was now on my list of favorite things to do. Before the only two things I cared about were football and the ranch. Now there were three: Niall, the ranch and football and they were in that order.

I heard the shower turn off and knew I only had a few minutes to get this shit taken care of. I picked up my phone and called Steve back. He was not too pleased I just hung up on his ass, but what was I going to say. Sorry dude...the guy who makes me hard just by walking into a room was standing in front of me with nothing on but a towel. The next call was to order some food. The third call was to Grams. What the hell was I going to get Niall? I had never in my life bought a guy a gift, let alone a guy who is this special to me.

Wait...where the fuck did that come from?

I knew I could honestly say I would do anything for Niall. Anything to make him smile, hear his laugh or feel his touch. He was special to me.

Fuck...I'm so fucked...

"Liam?" I heard Niall call from outside my door. I had just hung up with Grams and had the perfect gift in mind. Just the sound of his voice made my stomach do flips. Man, can I make it through this day without wanting to kiss him? I took a deep breath and opened the door.

Fuck me.

Nope. I was never going to be able to make it through this day without kissing those sweet soft lips. He stood there staring up at me with such a sweet innocent smile that my heart just melted. I was ready to drop to my knees and tell him I would do whatever he wanted. My God, was it possible he was getting more and more beautiful every time I looked at him?

He had dark black skinny jeans with a blue shirt that made his blue eyes just jump out at you. His hair was styled up in a quiff. His lips were tinted a light pink, and I couldn't stop staring at them. I wanted to know how soft they felt against my lips so fucking bad.

"Hey um, I'm ready if you are? I mean, I'm not in any kind of hurry or anything, I just..." He trailed off as he looked me up and down and started chewing on his bottom lip. I reached over and tilted his head up towards me and pulled his lip out from his teeth.

"That lip is too soft and beautiful to be abused like that, sweetheart," I said as I smiled down at him. I was pretty sure I saw his whole body shake. A blush started to creep onto his cheeks. Damn, it was one of the sexiest things I'd ever seen.

"Right...um...so are you ready to go? I just need a bag or something to clean out my locker," Niall said as he looked around at everything but me.

"Wow, your room is so...clean."

"Why, thank you, sweetheart. I'm sure my mom would appreciate knowing that all those years of bitching at me to keep my room neat paid off," I said with a laugh.

Niall let out a giggle and looked up me.

Jesus...the moment his eyes met mine, I swear I forgot how to breathe. I leaned down towards him only to have him look away and take a step back.

Shit.

"Um, okay, well let's find you a bag or something shall we?" I said as I moved past him and headed down the hall to the kitchen. Fuck. I need to remember what Greg said: he needed time and here I was trying to fucking kiss him every chance I could. What the fuck was wrong with me? Christ, I need to think about something else: football, nope that won't work -- football gives me a hard on. Puppies? Dogs? I think I would like to get a dog. What kind of dog? I wonder what kind of dogs Niall likes.

Okay, I'll think of dogs every time I have the urge to kiss him.

Oh what the hell, Liam, you're losing your goddamn mind.

"You sure seem lost in thought."

I was now standing in the middle of the kitchen...just standing there thinking about fucking dogs. I shrugged my shoulders and started digging through the drawer where Greg keeps all the extra bags.

"How big of a bag do you need?" Silence.

"Niall?" I stood up and he was standing there just staring at me.

"Niall, what's wrong? Hey, can you tell me what is wrong, sweetheart?" I squatted down so I could look in his face. He seemed so lost. What I wouldn't do to crawl in that brain and figure shit out for him.

"I...I don't know what's wrong, Liam. I just had this panic come over me! What if I can't do this? What if I fail at this too? I mean...I'm so not sure that I'm ready to go to college. My mother keeps telling me..." Niall turned and looked away the moment he mentioned his mother.

I placed my hands on his shoulders and turned him around to look at me. Oh Jesus H. Christ he was crying. My heart just took a nosedive right into my stomach. I reached up and wiped away the tears that were streaming down his beautiful face.

He gave me a weak smile.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry. You must think I'm a nutcase. I'm so sorry, Liam." Then he just lost it. The sobs were taking over his whole body. I pulled him close to me and ran my hand through his soft hair.

He smelled like daisies again. I felt my dick getting hard just from having him up against my body.

Holy fuck, what am I suppose to be thinking about again?

Dogs! Golden Retrievers, Labs -- yellow, black or brown? Big dog or little dog, German Shorthair Pointer?

"Niall, it's going to be okay, sweetheart. I promise you it will be okay. I know this is a scary time but you are smart guy and you can do anything you put your mind to. Please don't ever doubt yourself just because of something your mother said to you. I know what it feels like to have someone tell you that all you'll ever do is fail," I said as I took a deep breath and buried my nose in his hair. My god...daisies. All I could smell was daisies.

Niall looked up at me confused. "What do you mean you know what it feels like to have someone tell you all you'll ever do is fail? Liam, you're amazing! The most amazing person I've ever met. I can't...I can't even believe anyone would think that about you."

I just laughed and gave his shoulders a squeeze. "Come on Ni, let's get this show on the road. We have a locker to clean out and a coffee shop to hit up!"

I reached down and grabbed a couple of plastic grocery bags. Niall walked back into Greg's room and came out carrying his overnight bag and his backpack.

"Here, let's switch," I said as I took his bags from him and gave him the plastic bags.

"I got off pretty easy on this exchange!" Niall said with a light laugh. Thank God, he was no longer upset. Jeez, how I would like to just knock some sense into that mother of his, but from experience I knew it would do no good.

We headed out the door and made our way to my truck. I'm not sure why I was so excited to see him sitting next to me in my truck. I've had plenty of guys in my truck in the last three years, but no guy was or would ever be like Niall.