Chapter 16: Liam

German Shepherds, Labs, Poodles, Rottweilers, German Short Haired Pointers. Good God, I was trying to name off every breed of dog I knew. The moment he leaned into me and I felt his body up against mine, my dick instantly rose to attention. I had to turn him around to face me before he felt me jabbing him in the back with my hard on.

I swear to God my dick was so hard, and there was not much more room in my pants to accommodate my growing problem. As Niall was getting settled I tried my best to adjust myself while thinking of other dogs. Shit, I wanted to kiss him so fucking bad. It was getting harder and harder to resist him.

After I got in and sat down, the look on his face made my hard on go down in a matter of seconds.

"Niall...what is it? Are you feeling sick? Do you not want to do this?" His face was turning green right before my eyes. Maybe there was a reason he never went out on a canoe before.

"I'm okay, just give me a few minutes here to get used to this. Just...go slow, really really slow. And don't rock the boat!" Niall practically shouted at me. I had to laugh at him, he was so damn cute!

After about ten minutes of slowly rowing out, we finally made it onto Town Lake. I could see Niall start to relax as he sat back and lifted his face to the sun. Damn, he looked so beautiful. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket but decided to let it go to voicemail. I had sent Greg a quick text to let him know where we were right before I rented the canoe.

Another few minutes passed before Niall started to talk. He never moved his head and just continued to keep his eyes closed as he soaked in the warm June Texas sun.

"Please just let me get this all out before you try to interrupt me or anything okay?" Niall said with a slight crack in his voice.

"Okay."

"First, I just wanted to say thank you again for everything you've done for me the last two days. I know we just met, but I feel...well, I feel like I can really count on you. Thank you so much for being such a good friend," Niall said as he finally looked at me.

Ouch...there went that friends comment again. Could he really not see how much I wanted to be more than friends? Fuck, what more did I need to do?

Kiss him...

He started to sit up straighter, and I could see him starting to tense up again. He was looking everywhere but at me. I stopped rowing and just let the canoe drift in the current. I wanted to study him. I wanted to remember this moment for the rest of my life. The way his beautiful blue eyes stood out and the way his light brown hair was starting to fall down from his quiff and blow in the wind. The way he smiled at me. His smile...I loved the way his smile made me feel. I wanted to wake up every fucking morning to that smile. I wanted to prove to him that his mother was wrong – so damn wrong.

Niall was nothing like his mother. He was smart, innocent, caring and beautiful...all the things his mother never could be. I was going to kiss him before this day was over. Yep, fuck the dogs. I was going to prove to Niall I wanted to be more than just his goddamn friend.

"Liam, about what my mother said. Well, um...I just wanted to let you know that everything she said was a lie. I mean, I'm not that way...I'm not a whore. I barely even ever kissed Harry, let alone slept with him. I know you probably already figured that out by the way Harry left me and all. It was just really important for me to let you know what she was saying was not true. Honestly, I'm not a hundred percent sure why I needed you to know this. I just did. I just needed you to know," Niall finished, and now he was looking right at me.

How could he even think for one minute I would ever believe his mother? My heart was breaking all over again. I was so fucking confused. One minute he is calling me a good friend, and the next he is telling me how important it is that I know he does not sleep around.

"Niall sweetheart, believe me when I tell you this. I never believed anything that came out of your mother's mouth. I'm so sorry she hurt you and that you had to endure all that verbal abuse from her over the years. Please don't ever let what she said to you ever stand in your way. You're a strong, beautiful and very smart young man. Don't ever forget that, Niall...never forget that," I said as I reached over and took his left hand in mine. I lifted it up and placed his hand to my lips and pressed a soft kiss on the back of his hand. He gave me the sweetest smile in return. I let his hand go to start rowing again.

Niall threw his head back and started soaking in the sun again. I would never get tired of watching him. I could watch him eat, sleep, laugh, smile...God, you name it. I had this incredible urge to spend every spare minute with him. This was the perfect first day...not date, day. The perfect first day of many more to come.

As I rowed the canoe up to the shore, the guy who rented us the canoe held out his hand to help Niall out. The way he looked at him just made my skin boil. Did he really think I couldn't see what the fuck he was doing?

Bastard!

Niall laughed at something he said and I had to fight the urge to pound the guy's face into the ground. I walked up and took Niall's hand out from his hand. I thanked him and led Niall away from this dickhead. I turned back around once to see him watching us walk away. Fuckwad douchebag, go flirt with another guy's boy.

Shit, I needed to remember that Niall was not mine. But I was going to change that and very soon.

We walked for a little bit along the trail as Niall told me all about his plans for college. He was going to study business, but was not one hundred percent sure that was going to be his major. After about fifteen minutes of talking about college, a young couple walked by with a baby, and I watched Niall smile at them as they walked by. I thought about earlier when I pictured him on the ranch with our little girl and a puppy. The idea made me smile and filled me with a warm sensation. I wanted a life with him. I wanted to wake up every day and look over at him sleeping by my side. I wanted him.

Niall was staring out at the water, and I decided I had waited long enough. I walked around to where I was standing in front of him. He looked up at me and just gave me that beautiful smile I had come to love and need so quickly.

"Niall sweetheart, I really need to do something I've wanted to do since I first laid eyes on you yesterday."

I took my hands and cupped his soft beautiful face. I leaned down and barely brushed my lips against his lips. Holy fuck, they were softer than I'd imagined them. I kept my lips just inches from his lips and waited just a few seconds to see if he would pull away. When he didn't, I took that as a sign it was okay to kiss him. I leaned back in and made the kiss deeper this time. I kissed him with all the passion and emotion that had built up inside me from the moment I first saw him. He let out a small moan, which vibrated through my whole body and instantly my dick started to get hard. God, what this boy could do to me was crazy insane.

I slowly slipped my tongue into his mouth and Niall lifted further up on his toes and wrapped his arms around my neck. Holy fucking shit, I've died and gone to heaven. Pure heaven... I slowly started to lift him off the ground as I wrapped my arms around him. I knew my erection was pressing into his body but I didn't give two shits. All I cared about was showing him how much I wanted him. He needed to know he was wanted.

If I died today I would die a happy man. I'd never in my life experienced such a kiss before. I was overwhelmed by the sensation, and my whole body was on fire from his touch.

I slowly started to slide his body back down along my body until his feet touched the ground. We both pulled away from each other only when we finally ran out of breath. I was completely breathless. Niall's chest was moving up and down at a rapid pace. I stared into his eyes and he stared back into mine. I would remember this moment for the rest of my life.

I wasn't sure what he was going to say or do, but the moment the smile spread across his face...I wanted to jump up and down and do a few fist pumps. YES!

My sweet beautiful Niall. I would never give up on him ever...