Chapter 19: Niall

I hope I was not making a mistake by talking to Liam about taking things slow. I saw the disappointment in his eyes when I said I wanted to just be friends. God, that was the hardest thing I have ever had to say. I have no doubt that Liam has feelings for me. I certainly have feelings for him. Strong feelings that were starting to scare the shit out of me.

This is for the best; I just need to keep reminding myself that I need time to think and this is moving too fast. These feelings...they're confusing me. I mean, I'm going to be going to college now. I have to keep my options open, right? I don't need to be jumping into another relationship the day after I just ended one.

Liam reached down and turned up his iPod a little more. Taylor Swift's "Fearless" was playing. I had to smile. That song describes exactly how I felt today being with Liam. I looked over at him and he seemed lost in thought.

Shit, I really hope I didn't just blow it with him. God, if he only knew the way he made me feel. How all I wanted to do was jump into his arms and stay there forever.

How did he feel about me? I mean that kiss, holy shit...that kiss. It was amazing, but I still had this nagging feeling I was just a guy for him to conquer.

Liam started to talk and pulled me out of my daze. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I was doing the right thing.

"Holy shit, this is where Louis lives?" Liam said as he pulled up to Louis's parent's 5,500 square foot house. He parked in the front of the house and jumped out of his truck.

"What the hell do his parents do?" Liam asked as he opened my door to let me out. I quickly learned this is something he just did. If I got out first, it seemed to upset him, so now I just waited for him.

"His dad is a big time lawyer and his mom is a stay-at-home mom. You'll love them though. They are really cool. Louis's mom is a huge Katharine Hepburn fan. She's made us watch all of her movies. His dad loves football and will love you just like he does Greg. Don't be surprised if he knows all your stats. He went to UT and is a big time UT football fan," I said as Liam got the bags out of the back seat of his truck.

Liam let out a laugh. "I already like him then! Anyone who likes football and knows his stats is an okay dude in my books!" We both laughed and turned when we heard Louis come running down the steps.

"Ni, thank God you're here! Where the hell have you two been? Greg has been here for forty-five minutes driving me fucking crazy! Thankfully my dad came home and he's now talking to him about football." Louis stepped back and looked at me and then Liam and then back at me again. A huge smile came across his face.

"I get that wallet don't I?" Louis said as he started to laugh and hooked his arm with my arm as we walked into the house. I just laughed and I turned back around to see Liam with my favorite panty-melting smile on his face. He gave me a wink like he knew what our exchange was all about. I smiled back at him as we made our way into the house.

Liam and Greg stayed for about an hour longer after we got there. Louis's dad Dan was in hog's heaven having two starting UT football players in his house. Louis's mom Johannah begged the boys to stay for dinner, but they said they needed to clean up the house for tomorrow night's graduation party for me.

Louis was acting so strange. He was much more talkative and seemed to be nervous. I couldn't tell if it was because Greg was in his house for so long or if it was something else. I noticed him staring at Greg a few times, and I actually caught Greg staring at him. What the hell was going on with those two? I was beginning to think Liam was right about Greg liking Louis.

Louis almost seemed like he was trying to get rid of Greg and Liam. God, I hope he didn't want to talk. I was so happy right now I did not want to talk about my mother or what happened today with her or Harry.