Chapter 13: Niall

What the hell? As soon as we walked into Halcyon I could not miss the dirty looks the guy behind the bar was throwing my way. I was so happy before we walked in here. Even if Liam's reference to me being "his baby" was just to make a joke, it still felt good. Then we walked in and this Michael bitch is all about flirting with Liam. I mean, come on, skank. I know we are not on a date, but he doesn't know that. Good grief. Wait till I tell Louis about this fucking bitch.

I wonder if Liam went out with him. What the hell did he see in someone like him? I looked up at him and sure enough he was staring. I looked over at Liam and he was looking at me with that melt-my-panties crooked smile of his. If he went out with someone so beautiful as the brunette behind the bar, he would never want someone like me.

You will never be wanted by anyone...

"Hey, I'm sorry about Michael being so rude like that. He's just a bitch and that's his problem. Don't let him spoil our fun day, okay?" Liam said as he took his hand and lifted my chin up to look at him.

God, his eyes. I tore my eyes away from his and moved to look at his lips. I would give anything to kiss him. Just then I saw him leaning down towards me...oh shit...

"Is he an old boyfriend?" I just blurted out in my sheer panic. Shit! Liam instantly stopped and sat back. He moved his hand through his hair. God, why did that turn me on so much? I looked away because I thought I already knew his answer.

"No, Niall he's not an old boyfriend. He is just some guy I took on a date once," Liam said as he looked back over at the bar. Why did he seem mad all of a sudden? I guess I had no right to even ask. I mean, maybe I'm just imagining all of this. Was he really leaning down to kiss me? No he wasn't, you fool. He's just being nice to me because of Greg. Or maybe he looks at me like a little brother. I don't know. I'm getting mixed signals here. Fuck, who am I kidding? I don't even know what signals to look for!

For some reason my mouth was talking before my brain thought it through. "So how come you went out only once? He seemed to act like he knew you pretty well."

Oh. My. God. Did I just really say that?

Liam let out a small laugh. "I only went out with him as a favor for Greg." Oh? This has me intrigued now. "Greg asked Michael's roommate Calum out, and he said the only way he would go out with him is if I went out with Michael. So we all went out on a double date. Longest four hours of my entire life. He is a self-absorbed bitch. Same went for Calum. Greg was not the least bit interested after about two hours into the date. It was more like five minutes into the date when I lost interest. I remember I kept checking the Rangers game on my phone pretty much the whole time."

I let out a laugh at the way Liam described their double date. Come to think of it, Greg has never really had a long-term boyfriend. I wonder if Liam has. According to Greg, he hasn't.

"Have you ever been in a long-term relationship with anyone?" I asked just as they called out Liam's name for our drinks. Liam jumped up and walked over to the bar. He said something to the guy at the bar who I could tell said "sure thing."

Liam set our drinks down at the table and then slid back in. This time I noticed he sat a little closer to me. I could practically feel his body heat. Hells bells, there went that ache in my cock again. I palmed myself a little to try and relieve it. Jesus, why did I never feel this with Harry? What was going on with me?

Friends, Niall...only friends.

Just when I thought I was going to explode, Liam started to talk. "To get back to your question, Niall, no, I've never been in a long-term relationship. Longest I ever dated one guy was maybe four or five dates? I don't remember. It was when I first came to UT," Liam said as he took a sip of his drink.