Chapter 35: Niall

Everyone was slowly starting to leave Liam and Greg's place around 1 a.m. Steve had packed up long before and Greg just had the stereo playing for the last two hours.

I was a bit shocked at how much Liam and Greg both drank. Louis was well on his way to being drunk. Because I'd had a few beers, we decided to just spend the night here. Heather got a ride home with Amanda and Brad. Amanda was only drinking sodas all night since it was Brad's birthday party and she knew he would be drinking.

I started to clean up when I felt Liam come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist.

"Sweetheart, we have someone come in and clean up. Come sit with me for a little bit," he said as he leaned in close to my face. The heat from his mouth set my whole body on fire. God the ache between my legs when he was this close to me was almost too much to take.

I turned around and smiled up at him. "Okay, inside or out?"

He returned my smile and took my hand. We walked past Greg and Louis, who were at the moment complaining about who had to sleep on the sofa: Greg or Liam or me and Louis.

"Why the hell can't you just sleep with me in my bed? I promise to keep my hands to myself," Greg said to Louis with a wicked laugh.

"Yeah right dickwad. I may be drunk but I ain't that drunk. You're on the sofa. I'm taking your bed," Louis said as he walked past Greg and walked to his bedroom.

Liam and I went outside and sat down next to the coolers. He reached in for a beer.

"Umm, Liam, how much more are you going to drink?" I asked as he stopped the bottle before it even hit his lips.

"Why? You afraid I might get too drunk and take advantage of you tonight?" he said with a wink. I instantly felt my face blush. He let out a chuckle and took a drink of the beer.

"No, I'm not worried about that at all. I don't really think you're that drunk. Are you?" I asked as I looked down towards the ground.

"Niall, I just wanted to celebrate tonight, that's all. Come here and sit on my lap again."

After all those years of watching my mother drink, the last thing I wanted was to worry about Liam drinking all the time.

"I know what you're thinking Ni and no, I don't drink like this all the time, okay sweetheart? I was just so happy that we're together and well, I just wanted to let my guard down a little tonight. I promise I do not make a habit of getting drunk."

Liam downed his beer. I could tell he was getting wasted but he looked so damn cute.

"Are you excited about going to the ranch, Niall?" Liam asked as he moved his hand up and down my back. My God, his fingertips had magic inside them. I could hardly breathe, let alone think.

I took a deep breath and tried to clear my head. "Yes! I'm very excited. I've always wanted to go to a ranch and see lots of cows and ride a horse. Oh please say we can ride a horse," I said as I bounced in Liam's lap.

"Fuck Niall, please don't move like that okay?" Liam adjusted me on his lap and I of course felt the heat rise up in my cheeks.

"Oh, I'm sorry. How many guys have you brought out to meet your grandparents?" I asked as I looked at his eyes slowly starting to droop lower and lower.

"What?"

"You know, how many guys have you brought out to the ranch?" Liam's head looked like it was moving in slow motion as he looked at me.

"None. I've never brought anyone out to the ranch 'cept for Jeff and Brad and Josh. Never brought anymore guys there. I was waiting for you, Niall. Only you."