Chapter 53: Liam

"Liam, are you sure you feel like going out? I mean you really don't have to entertain James and me."

My cousin Shane had been talking about wanting to go to Rebels ever since we were sitting in his hotel room at the Driskill yesterday, before my whole world turned upside down. I never told him why I had to run out on them. They were getting married this weekend and I didn't want to put a downer on things. James was supposed to fly in a day ahead of Shane, but he ended up surprising me by coming in early with him. I was so blown away when he opened the door to what I thought was James' hotel room. He screamed and jumped into my arms. Then I saw James sitting on the bed. It had been a great surprise, at least for a few minutes until I got Niall's crazy-ass call accusing me of sleeping with someone.

"Liam, are you going to ever tell us why Greg punched you last night? Your eye looks terrible," Shane said as he fussed over it again.

We walked into Rebels and I spotted Brad, so I stopped and introduced him to James and Shane. Brad I could tell was giving me the cold shoulder. I guess Amanda filled him in on my whole cheating thing. Whatever. I followed Shane and James in and my eyes went right to the dance floor. It was like I instantly knew he was here. "I Cry" by Flo Rida was playing and Niall was dancing with that fucker. What the fuck? He had a fucking beer in his hand and he dancing awfully close to Jon. His ass was grinding all in his fucking crotch.

Just then Greg and Louis walked up to me. Louis looked at me funny as I looked down at him. He tilted his head and looked at me and then looked out to Niall. I looked back out and Niall had his back to us, but that fucker looked up and saw me. He smiled and then he reached down and kissed Niall.

When they say you can't die from a broken heart they're right, but it sure as fuck hurts so much that you wish you were dead. My heart just shattered and I felt like I was going to be sick.

The song stopped and Niall turned around and saw me. He stopped and stared at me. Then "Over You" by Miranda Lambert started playing. What fucking timing for that song to start playing. I felt a tear running down my cheek as Niall shook his head and looked at me confused.

"I can't do this anymore. I can't love him enough for both of us. Greg, can you give Shane and James a ride home?"

Greg just looked at me and then out to Niall, who was just standing there while Jon was trying to get him to dance.

"Liam, why don't you try to talk to him? He might..."

"I'm leaving and I need to know if you'll give my cousins a ride to their hotel please. They're talking to Brad and Amanda."

"Sure I will, Liam."

"Liam, who was that you were with yesterday?" Louis asked me.

I just shook my head. "I don't know who you're talking about and I'm tired, I'm so tired of doing this. I'll see you around Louis."

I took one last look at Niall, who was still standing there and looking over at me. I turned and walked away from the only person I've ever loved in my entire life. I would love him for the rest of my life.

Now I needed to figure out how to forget about him.

*****

Niall

Was Liam just crying? I was so confused why was he looking like I was the one who gutted him. I was pissed at Jon for kissing me.

Asshole!

Liam turned and was leaving.

Wait, where was he going? I started to walk over to where Louis was; he was looking at me like he was just as confused as I was. Jon started to pull me back onto the dance floor.