Chapter 29: Niall

Louis and I took some time after Greg and Liam left to unpack a few things and straighten up. The morning had been blissful and I felt like I was on cloud nine. Liam had kissed me twice today and each time I felt like I was going to just melt in his arms. I definitely liked our move from friends to more than friends.

I was still nervous about it all though. I never felt like this with Harry, not even close. The more time I spent with Liam, the more I felt like I was stepping into a danger zone. The last three weeks without him were pure hell, and it felt so good to have him back in my life again.

Louis was being very quiet. I'm not really sure what was going on with him this afternoon. Greg and him got along pretty good and even bickered a few times, which was a relief. I wondered if he was worried about going to the party tonight. After all, the last party at Liam and Greg's house turned out pretty shitty for Louis.

Just then, Louis jumped when a text came through. He bolted up and grabbed his cell off of the breakfast bar. His face immediately fell.

"What's wrong? Is it bad news or something?" I asked him as I walked into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"Oh, um no, not at all. It's actually from Jason. Looks like they landed in France a little bit ago and he was just checking to see how my day's been. Sweet huh?" Louis said with a small smile.

"Yep, that is sweet. You telling him we are going to Brad's party tonight?"

"I wasn't going to. I mean, he doesn't own me, I don't have to tell him my every damn move!" Louis snapped back at me and walked off.

What the hell was that about? Louis was sitting on the sofa typing out a text message back to Jason. Sheesh, he was in a mood all of a sudden.

"What the fuck? Are you fucking kidding me?" Louis shouted as he looked up at me. I was walking back into the living room and stopped in my tracks.

"Holy hell, he just told me I should probably stay home. Who the fuck does he think he is?"
Wow, I don't think I've ever heard someone tell Louis what to do. Stupid move, Jason.

"What're you going to tell him?" I asked as I sat down next to him. He was texting so fast I could practically see the steam coming from his fingers!

"I just told him he has no right telling me what I can and can't do. I mean, holy fuck. I just spent the last three weeks of my life devoted to him one hundred percent. Now he goes to Europe and he expects me to sit home and wait for him. I told him sorry, that's not how I roll. If he doesn't like it he can fuck off!"

I had to let out a giggle. A part of me was thinking Louis was hoping he would fuck off. His phone beeped again and he read the message. His whole body just sunk down in the sofa. Oh no, maybe he was telling him to fuck off?

"What did he say, Lou?"

Louis let out a sigh and looked at me. "He told me I was right, he had no right telling me what I can and can't do and that I should go and have a good time."

"And this makes you unhappy? Isn't that what you wanted him to say?"

"Of course it is! I mean yeah, of course it is. I guess I should wish him a good time," Louis said as he gave me a weak smile.

Okay, I was confused.

"Yeah you probably should. He's probably already missing you."

"He said they're leaving in the morning for their first hike so he won't be able to be in contact with me for a few days at a time until he can get a signal. Huh, what a shame. Anyway, I think I'm going to go get ready. Do you have any idea of what you're wearing tonight?" Louis said.