Chapter 25: Niall

I set my cell phone down next to me in bed. Holy hell, I just had to hear his voice and I got an ache between my legs. Why did he have this effect on me? It was insane! Argh...this whole friends thing was starting to really suck. I knew Liam wanted more, but I just was not ready to give up my heart again. I trusted him with my life but I barely knew him. This is what was scaring the shit out of me. I couldn't get dependent on him like I was Greg all those years. I needed to get my big boy pants on and figure my shit out.

I got to see him today though, and I had to smile with just the thought. I was already wondering what he would wear. He always looked so damn good when I saw him. Shit, he could have on a paper bag and still look good. Speaking of looking good, I needed to get up and get going!

Eeeepp! I can't believe Greg is buying me a car! I turned on the shower and after a quick five-minute shower, I hopped out and went to the closet. I started to look for something to wear. Shit, I really needed Louis's help picking something out. Just then, I heard him open the door to my room.

"Well, look at you all ready to start your day!" Louis said as he came and sat down on my bed. He was already dressed in a pair of white shorts and a black sleeveless shirt. His hair was laid flat on his head and he had on a pair of black Adidas.

"Shit Lou, how do you put these outfits together like this? You look adorable! What the hell are you doing up and dressed so early anyway? I heard you come in last night. Why did you leave the hospital? Greg wanted to see you," I said as I sat down on the bed next to him. I saw his eyes light up when I mentioned Greg wanting to see him.

"Why did he want to see me?" Louis asked, trying to sound disinterested.

"I think he just really wanted to talk to you, apologize for everything. He said he has been trying to call you, but you won't return his calls," I said as Louis closed his eyes briefly before opening them again.

"I'm sorry I skipped out on you yesterday, but once I heard he was fine, I figured it would be for the best if I just left. I ended up calling Brian back to the hospital for a ride home. Once I got home, I went with my mom to the club to play a game of tennis and I ran into Jason Reed from high school. We talked for a bit, he asked me out to dinner so I figured why not. I came home and left to meet him at Hula Hut. We ended up going and shooting some pool and then I came home. I actually enjoyed myself for once. I forgot what a nice guy he was," Louis said as he stared down at the floor.

"Oh, um...wasn't Jason a few years older than us? He played football and hung around Greg and them right?" I asked as I got up and started looking for something to wear again.

"Yep, that's him. Anyway, he called me this morning and asked if I wanted to have lunch with him. I told him I would see what your plans were and call him back."

"Oh, well...Greg is taking me to get my graduation present today along with Liam."

Louis sat up a little straighter. "Do you know what he's getting you?"

"Yep and you won't believe it! I hardly can!" I said as I jumped up and down.

Louis threw his head back and laughed. "Well, what is it bitch? Don't just leave me hanging here!"

I cleared my throat and looked at him. "He's getting me a car!"

Louis jumped up and screamed, "What the fuck! A car? He's getting you a goddamn car? Oh my gosh. What kind of car or do you get to pick it out? Is there a price max? How the hell can he afford to buy you a new car?"

Jeez, this boy... "Louis, if you would just take a breath I could fill you in!" I said with a laugh.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Go, fill me in...I'm all ears!" Louis said as he sat back down on the bed, clearly trying to keep quiet.