|| Scenario ||

Title: New year, new memories
Member: Chenle
Genre: Slight Angst/Fluff
Warnings: None
Requested: Yes

Chenle's eyebrows furrowed as his childhood friend, the girl he had grown up with, was laughing at whatever his other best friend had said, and he felt the urge to just stamp up to them, grab Y/N, and pull her away from Renjun

He had asked Renjun to help him by distracting her, but that was already almost two hours ago, he had asked him to do so, and he had finished what he wanted in a span of thirty minutes.

The girl, who sent butterflies to Chenle's stomach, was having fun with someone, who wasn't him, and it didn't seem like Chenle liked it one bit, or he didn't, he hated it.

Y/N and Renjun were sitting on the swings in the small playground beside the never ending forest, while Chenle was placed a few feet away from them, on the end of the slide, this small frown on his face, and the frustration inside of him grew by the second as his longtime crush laughed at another of Renjun's remarks.

What made Chenle even madder was the fact that Renjun knew about his crush and had even suggested to help him confessing, but why did Chenle feel jealous then?

He, earlier, when he wasn't this furious, tried to talk to Y/N, but her focus was on Renjun, which then resulted in Chenle scoffing and turning around on his heel, leaving the two, to sit alone on the slide in jealousy.

Maybe jealousy was an understatement as he saw them getting closer, he felt himself tense, and once again saw the girl he, so dearly adored, laugh, hitting Renjun's shoulder, which then ticked him off completely, jumping to his feet, he hurried towards the two, grabbing his childhood friend by the wrist, which made her eyes widen in confusion.

Y/N looked at Renjun, who shrugged his shoulders with a small smirk, he knew he had made Chenle jealous, which kind of had been the point since the beginning, knowing that would speed up the process of confessing, and before the girl could question anything, she was getting dragged away by the blonde boy, who had a tight grip around her wrist still.

"C-Chenle? What's wrong?" Nothing, he didn't say anything, still a bit stunned by his own actions he trudged through the forest loosening his grip just a little bit, because on the one hand, he didn't want to hurt her, on the other hand, he didn't want her going back to Renjun, which she wouldn't do, of course, Chenle just didn't know that.

"Chenle? Is everything oka- Wow.." Chenle had let go of her wrist, letting the girl gape at the decorations and the food, everything which was set up in this isolated side of the forest, and when Chenle looked at her to see her reaction, he was quite pleased with what he saw, happy was something Chenle was as well now that the two were alone.

"Did you do all of this?" Her eyes flickered from the red decorations, to Chenle, then back to the decorations, as the boy took a few steps in her direction, nodding his head, and a smile found its way onto Y/N's lips.

Y/N's mind went back to the moments just minutes earlier, and she felt herself grin stupidly at the thought of her best friend being jealous of Renjun.

"Yeah.. It didn't take that long. Happy Lunar New Year." The girl closed the space between them, pulling the boy into a hug, resting her head on his shoulder, they were almost the same height after all, so resting her head on his chest was a bit unlikely.

"Were you jealous?" She immediately felt him tense, which answered her question, but she wanted to hear it from him.

"N-no.." Despite his answer, she knew he had earlier felt jealous, which she had found out by his heartbeat, his stuttering, his tense body, and just his actions in general, and she looked up giving him a look, which made him bite his lower lip, looking away.

"Yes.." His voice was quiet when that single word left him and she grinned, tugging at his collar, painting his cheeks pink in the progress.

"Why?" Chenle hadn't planned on his confession should've been today, but it might as well be, since he didn't want to feel nervous about her falling for Renjun, and he swallowed hard, nodding his head, taking a few steps back.

Chenle had planned a lot for the confession, but now he had nothing as his eyes snapped to look at something he could give her, and he spotted the smallest white flower, which he then plucked.

"Y/N.. The reason I got jealous was because.." He once again stepped towards her, placing the flower behind her ear, trying to act calm he smiled at the flustered girl in front of him, and he cleared his throat, carefully taking her hands into his.

"I like you and I've liked you for so long. I know we've been best friends for so long, which is why I've been hesitant to ask you out, but here I am, doing it.." The girl's heart fluttered, waiting for the next words her smile spread as wide as possible, as the boy out of nervousness looked away from her eyes.

"Y/N, do you want to go out with me?" Quickly nodding, she pulled him into another hug, her heartbeat quickening as well as his as they stood there for a few moments, trying to progress what just happened, until he pulled away.

"Should we invite Renjun to this New Years celebration?" Chenle looked at the Chinese decorations, before imagining himself enjoying it with his best friend, and he nodded his head, grabbing his childhood friend's hand.

The walk back to Renjun seemed a lot gentler than the walk away from him, and they reached him in a heartbeat, but what they saw surprised them both.

"Isn't that Y/BF/N?" Y/N nodded as the two approached the other two, who seemed to be in the middle of a date or something like that, which confused the both quite a lot, and when they reached them, Renjun looked at them, a proud smile on his face as he noticed the interlocked hands.

"So, you were jealous, huh?" Chenle rolled his eyes at his best friend's words, while Y/N looked at her best friend in confusion, who smiled sheepishly back at her and Renjun grinned.

"Let me introduce you guys to my girlfriend of two months, Y/BF/N!" He exclaimed, which made Y/N's jaw drop and the next moment she was slapping her best friend's shoulder, asking why she hadn't told anything, only earning a laugh and a shrug.

"You don't have to be jealous anymore." Renjun nudged Chenle slightly as he happily looked at his childhood friend, and he nodded his head, eyes never leaving his first love.

"I know. A new year equals new memories."

Y/BF/N = Your Best Friends Name

[Next; DREAM's reaction to their significant other giving them an unexpected kiss]