|| Scenario ||

Title: Porcelain
Member: Donghyuck
Genre: Angst with a sprinkle of fluff (really only a sprinkle)
Warnings: None
Requested: Yes

In such a young age, they made others believe that they would end up marrying each other, they were stuck to each other like two magnets, but two magnets sometimes had to be separated as well

Y/N and Donghyuck, they sounded perfect when mentioned in a sentence together.

From an outsiders perspective they seemed perfect for each other, like nothing could go wrong, they never disagreed, nor did they fight, well, was that true?

No, of course it wasn't.

It was one of those typical fights, it was like all the others, in Donghyuck's eyes everything was fine, but in Y/N's everything wasn't.

She didn't even feel like they were in a relationship more, he spent more time in the practice room than with her, and when he finally went outside, he didn't want to see her because he needed space.

For real, she didn't even know if the fight actually was about that, she didn't remember, neither did Donghyuck.

The fight had been going on for what seemed like forever, and not the forever they had promised to be together for, when they first got together.

Donghyuck hadn't said much, he didn't want to say something he didn't mean, so most of the time, he kept quiet, while his girlfriend blabbered like her life depended on it.

"You're only sixteen, you can't already be in love." Y/N remembered how her parents used to tell her that when she talked about her amazing boyfriend, but she knew how love felt like, the warm feeling she got inside of her when someone mentioned his name wasn't just 'something'.

Yes, she knew what love felt like but..

She also knew what pain felt like.

"Say that again." The boy finally said something, his teeth gritted, and his arms crossed over his chest firmly as his eyes squinted in her direction.

"You don't do anything for this relationship." The words left Y/N like a hiss, ticking Donghyuck off a bit more, and he wanted to turn around, bolt off, leave the place, but he couldn't, his pride got the best of him.

"I don't? I work and practice my ass off to make my goddamn dream come true, what do you do? What's your excuse for not trying to fix this messed up relationship?" They were burning, almost like two small fireballs, his eyes, he hated getting accused of such thing, she made it sound like he didn't care.

He cared so much.

The feeling of wanting to protect the girl was bigger than any other feeling, but he didn't show it to her, at least not in the right way, not in a way she could understand, and here he was, fighting with her, again.

"I do everything for this relationship!" They sounded like adults, two adult arguing, when they in reality both were really inexperienced in dating, but still they kept on moving, but were they even moving forwards?

"Then why do you keep starting fights about the same thing when you know it's my dream, and I can't make it come true in any other way than to work hard!" He was beyond mad at his girlfriend, how dare she?

Y/N's eyes fell to the floor at that, he was right.

She was in the wrong now, she knew that, but still Donghyuck would be the one to apologize first, that was how it always went.

It didn't matter if it was an argument about him not having time, or an argument about dates, it could seriously be anything, and Donghyuck would despite his pride be the first one to apologize.

Why though?

It was like he was under a spell, he didn't feel like himself, like she could control him in some way, he felt like she had..

Had a voodoo doll..

The girl collapsed, fell to her knees, and she hugged them tight, leaving the boy to look at her in utter confusion.

Their house of cards would collapse too, but that was okay.

They could build it from the bottom once again, maybe glue it together this time.

Sobs erupted from the girl.

Donghyuck had made her cry, he had done that a few times, he hated it, and now he was hugging her, rocking her back and forth while apologizing.

He wasn't even the one in the wrong this time, but when he saw those few tears slide down her cheeks, he lost it, those tears were like poison dripping into the wound the girl already had made in his heart, and it hurt.

Donghyuck knew what pain felt like.

The living room had gotten quiet, Y/N's parents were probably sighing out in relief in this moment, while the couple held onto each other like their life depended on it, and even though staying together only would bring more fights, it was worth it, that was what Y/N had told him.

With a shaking hand, Y/N grabbed onto her boyfriend's shirt, holding it tightly between her fingers, her knuckles turning a fragile white color, and he ran a hand through her hair, only feeling the pain in his stomach worsen.

He treated her like porcelain, if he dropped her, let go of her, she would shatter, and those sharp pieces which would be left would only cut his fingers open, let them bleed.

If they broke up she would become a mess, and Donghyuck knew he couldn't hurt her, she had been hurt before, she shattered only a bit at that time, but that was just enough for Donghyuck to bruise his hand.

She had stopped shaking, but he didn't let go of her.

Yeah, their relationship was a bit lacking.

But it was all good.

At least that was how Y/N saw it..

Donghyuck knew that staying together would bring him pain, he couldn't leave though, he promised her a forever.

And he wasn't one to break his promises.

[Next; Chenle as a boyfriend]