|| Scenario ||

Title: Not the right one
Member: Renjun
Genre: Angst
Warnings: Nah
Requested: Yeahh

'Do you want to hang out?'

The girl reread the text again and again, feeling more hesitant each time she read it.

Renjun was her best friend and it was one of those cliché stories where she, of course, had fallen for the boy, but the boy didn't necessarily feel the same towards her.

Okay, he actually didn't like her like she liked him that was for sure, and the day when he introduced her new girlfriend to Y/N, she had felt like her world ended.

Overreacting?

Maybe.

It hadn't even been that long since her best friend had introduced them to each other, but ever since, Y/N had tried to keep her distance, not wanting the boy to get weirded out if she accidentally blurted out her feelings.

'Depends.'

The boy had noticed the distance right away, and a frown immediately found its way onto his face when he read that one word, he was quick to write a response though.

'Depends.. On what?'

The next few words he read made the frown turn a bit deeper, and his head moved from his phone to look at his girlfriend spinning around in his chair.

'Depends on if your girlfriend is going to be there.'

The boy decided to leave the message on read as he already had planned to visit his best friend a bit later when his girlfriend had went home, but for now, he had to focus on his girlfriend.

When the boy arrived about two hours later at Y/N's front door she was quite surprised to say the least, and with a small greeting leaving her, the girl stepped aside, allowing the boy to step into the oh-so-familiar house.

"I'd like to know why you don't want to hang out with me." Those were some of the first words to leave the boy and Y/N turned her attention away from the boy still standing in the hallway, a lump starting to form in her throat.

"What do you mean?"

"Now is not the time to sing Justin Bieber." The boy wanted those words to lift the atmosphere even just a little bit, and even though Renjun cracked a small smile at his own words, there was no sign of the girl's lips curling up even a bit.