An Arranged Marriage

Planet Cromes, in Universe 2. Cromes is my planet, my home, this small orange planet is home to Universe 2's Saiyans. We've lived here for thousands of years, peacefully, until an evil tyrant found out about us being a worrier race. One of the strongest in our universe in fact, compared to this tyrant that is. He claimed to be a God, his power was like none other. He enslaved us and made us destroy or conquer other planets and galaxies in our universe but that was hundreds of years ago. No one as seen Ice sense, he just, vanished. Some say he's a myth, others say he never existed.

The story of Ice was passed down my family for generations. My father, the king, says there's nothing to worry about, that we can live in peace. Part of me believes that but the other says there's still something to fear.

I grew up training everyday day sense I was 5, sense I was old enough to hear the myth. I trained alongside my 4 older brothers, Ephram, Gustavo, Brody and my twin Zander, together we vowed to protect our planet from anything that means it harm. Including one of our own.

                               ***

"Take this!" I yelled to my twin. An energy blast was headed right to him. Deflecting the yellow blast he threw it towards me along with two more of his own energy blasts.

I scoffed, nice try kid. I was to fast for him, moving energy to my hand I sliced all three balls in half. With the explosion in the background my mind went blank and my vision went black. Gold. Blue and tiny hands.

"Zen! Zen! Zenara! Look out." His voice called out to me.

I come to but it was to late. More energy balls were headed right at me. There was no time to react, 4 balls hit me hard causing me to fall from my hover. Slamming to the ground I saw two tiny hands with ten little fingers. I blacked out.

Zenara. Zenara my love, wake up. An angelic voice called out to me. That voice, that voice I love so much but, it couldn't be.

"Zen. Zen! Are you ok?! Wake up!" My brother said as he splashed water on my face. "You ok? You just froze and let the blast hit you. You've never done that before. What happened?" He sat me up and stared at me.

"I don't know what happened. I thought I heard...never mind." It must have been my imagination. But gods I miss that voice.

"It's getting late, we need to get ready for the wedding. Come on." He pulled me up and wiped dirt off my face.

"Right, the wedding." I always thought I would marry out of love and not have someone assigned to me. I don't know if I can go through with this, I don't even know my soon to be husband. All I know is that he's strong and that's what my father looks for in a mate for his offspring.

I mean that's what happened to my parents, they didn't know each other and yet over time they fell in love, now my mother is everything to him. It's not like my grandparents, they hated each other and barely had my father. They only mated to keep the royal bloodline going. But if I'm being honest, I don't really care anymore.
All I ever loved is not with us anymore.

I get ready for my wedding, a pure white dress with the royal symbol over the left side of my chest was thrown on. I just looked at myself in the mirror. I should be happy, this should be one of the happiest days of my life. But it's not. I want to run the other way but there's a little voice in my head that says it's gonna be ok, I'll learn to love him.

My father is standing outside the Grand hall fixing his suit. He looks so sharp, I've never seen him like this, he's nervous.

"Dad?"

"Zenara. Look at you. My baby girl your so beautiful." He said kissing the top of my head. He wiped away a few tears. I don't know why he was getting all emotional, he wasn't like this with my brothers. Maybe it's because I'm his baby girl. "It's time." He smiled.

The doors swing open and everyone is here. Everyone except my true love. I look around at everyone giving them all an empty smile. Then my eyes find him, my husband. He's standing there at the altar, in a black suit. He looks happy to see me. I feel bad that I really don't feel the same. This is the first time I've ever seen him so why should I be excited to meet a complete stranger.

My father kisses my cheek and gives me away to this man. I looked up at him, his eyes, there's something about his eyes, they seem familiar.

We exchange vows and that's literally the first time I've ever spoken to him. We sealed our vows with a kiss. His lips, his kiss, it's almost familiar. The hooting and hollering from the crowed broke me out of the small trance his kiss put me in. The ceremony ended and I never thought I'd be happy to see my wedding go by so fast.