Chapter 14

Ambers POV

"Amber? Amber!" Naomi said shaking me! "Quick! It's your mom!" My eyes opened and I sat right up.
"What wrong with her" I got up knocking Naomi out of my way!
"She's collapsed, she's in hospital" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned. I went white.
"Wh-" I didn't want to finish. I was scared.
"Get me to the hospital now" I didn't bother asking were patrick and pete were. Naomi and I rushed down to the car and drove as fast as we could. We didn't talk the whole drive there.
"I'll stop here and let you out I'll be there in a minuet!" I nodded and got out. I started to sprint to the hospital doors throwing 'excuse me's' and 'sorry' here and there. I was worried, heartbroken and scared. I've never felt this way since my nan died. I stopped at the counter and threw my hands down on the desk.
"What room is my mom In!" I said. The woman at the desk I knew so she knew straight away.
"25 b floor 4" and pointed. I mimicked a thank you and ran holding back the tears. It was like I was running in slow motion, like a movie. I pressed the elevator button I don't know how many times till it open. This lady let me go in first.
"Thank you" I said
" your welcome you look like your in a rush and in here that could mean anything" she smiled back and I smiled. It was like she was the only hope I had.

It was like the elevator took years. I stepped out and the other elevator turned up. I looked over to see Naomi running at me. She held my hand and we walked through the door onto the ward. I was looking down when I heard a familiar voice say Naomi's name. It was pete. He hugged Naomi then hugged me and whispered in my ear where patrick was and pointed. He knew I didn't want to talk. I smiled although patrick was my boyfriend I really wanted to see joe first. I mean he is my brother and that's our mom. I took one step and joe came running to me and picked me up and hugged me.
"Moms in a coma" them words. They slurred and repeated in my head. Mom. Coma. I couldn't do it. I fell to the floor as did joe and we hugged each other there and then. My dad, Naomi ,patrick, pete and some nurses ran over but I didn't care. I didn't want to speak to anyone. Just joe. Only joe. He was the one who was there for me. Always.

Me and joe were still in the middle of the hospital floor, but then a woman came and took us to a room and left us.
"Joe.. I'm scared" I hugged him tightly and he kissed my forehead
" everything will be fine"
"What happened joe" I asked looking at him.
His lip started to shake.
"Well, she was doing dishes and I heard a band and she was on the floor. I rushed her here and the nurse said she was in a coma" I started crying again and I turned to him and said
"I'm so glad I have you" he kissed my forehead. This is is the most I've hugged him in so long.
" I love you little sis" he said
" I love you big bro"

A/N thank you guys so much for all the reads it means a lot. And sorry it's a short chapter!