Chpater 27

Ambers POV

It was about 1am and we were all still waiting. A nurse came in and all of our heads glanced up.

"He's responding good to the tests. He hasn't died, you can go in but 3 at a time." She smiled and walked out.

"Naomi, and Pete's parents should go in first" I said. The nodded and we followed them out. They went inside and we stood looking in. Naomi stood over pete and sobbed. He finally smiled shyly and hugged her. I could see he mouthed the words 'sorry'. His parents gave him a hug and asked him why. Muffled talking went on for about 20 minuets. Then we swapped. It was me andy and patrick and joe that went in. Joe and andy came in for about a minuet or two but went home. So did Pete's parents. Naomi was holding Pete's hand so tightly. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"Hey man, how you doing?" Patrick said sitting next to the bed.

"I'm okay" he sighed. I just stood in the corner and watched them. It reminded me of my childhood. I had a friend and he was the best friend I could of had. But he killed himself. I was devastated and tried to kill myself as well but I didn't succeed, I never told anyone. Not even joe. Pictures of him span round in my head. But I was intercepted.

"You okay honey?" Patrick said coming over. I out on a smile and nodded and sat down.

"Your getting bigger" pete said smiling pointing at my tummy; which had a little bump.

"Yeah, I'm kinda nervous about it though" patrick out his hand on my knee.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine" Naomi said, coming over and hugging me.

It was only me and patrick in the apartment. Naomi stayed with pete.

"Are you okay amber, you seems pretty sad at the hospital." He said coming over and rubbing my back.

"Ye..yeah.." I didn't look at him. He tuned me round.

"Tell me?" He pulled me into a light hug.

"It was when I was a kid. My best friend killed himself. And it just reminded me of that. " aw, baby" he kissed my forehead. I held back the tears and I went and put on Pavlove.

"Sing to me" I sat down on Patricks lap as he sung to me

Something make my chest stir

Something make my head blur

(oh, oh)

I'm not ready for a handshake with death, no

(oh, oh)

I'm just such a happy mess, whoa

The drums are four on the floor

She's back to the bathroom for one more

I'm the invisible man

Who can't stop staring at the mirror, at the mirror

I want to make you as lonely as me

So you can get, get addicted to this,

You can get, get addicted to this now

I relished how much patrick mean to me. He started at me.

"What?" I giggled.

"Nothing, your just perfect." I blushed and poked him.

"Far from that, that's you" he smirked and kissed me passionately.

"Well go house looking tomorrow?" He said just after the kiss. I nodded.

"Oh and happy birthday" I got up and got his last present. He looked in awe. He opened it and was shocked. I got him a black acoustic guitar with his name inscribed on it. It also had a pecked of paper stuck to it. It was David bowies signature.

"Happy birthday honey"

"Thank you thank you!" He jumped up and down kissing me.

"How'd you get the signature?"

"Well he came into Starbucks and I asked him and yeah"

He kissed me and then got on his knees and lifted my top, and kissed my stomach making me giggle.

"I love you both" he smiled.