Chapter 26

Ambers POV

It was the day of Patricks birthday. I was getting ready in my new dress that patrick brought me. It was purple and black and medium length. I had my hair straight and pinned my fringe back. He had no idea we were having a massive party for him. Naomi was at work and we had no idea where pete was. We were practically all ready.

"Happy birthday honey" I said once again, kissing him. He smiled and kissed me back. Joe arrived and we made our way to the place. He walked in first.

"It's really qui-"e got cut off by friends and family shouting surprise.

He couldn't stop smiling.

"All for me?" He asked holding my hand

"Yes, all for you" I smiled. He kissed my cheek and went to go hug his family.

It was an hour into the party and Naomi still didn't turn up. Nor did pete. I was just about to ring her when my phone was buzzing. I walked outside and patrick followed.

"Hello?" I answered

"AMBER! You..... N...need to come...h....help me. Please" her words stuttered and I could tell something was wrong.

"Naomi?whats happned?" I asked looking frantically at patrick.

"P....p...pete has....tried...t...to....kill himself" she sobbed.

"I'm on my way now! Call 911". I hung up. I told patrick and andy and joe. They were all worried and came with me. Joe told Pete's mom and she hurried everyone out and followed us.

It was what seemed to be a long drive to the hospital. I could see the worry in Patricks eyes. The car ride was silent. Which only made things worse. We arrived at the hospital and patrick ran in to get the details, although I was pregnant, I could move fast. We all made our way to the room. Naomi was outside and I run up to her and hugged her.

"What happned" I've never seen her so upset before.

" I was late from dance and I walked into the apartment and there was pete on the floor with some pills on the floor with a note." She hugged me. The note was tightly in her hand. She gave it to me to read.

Dear person

You have probably found me dead. Yes, I took an overdose. Why? Because I thought I'd lost the love of my life. And also I've been pretty depressed lately. And my bipolar hasn't helped. But I thought this would be the easiest way out. Thank you to everyone that helped me through it. And also a big thank you to my best friend and also my girlfriend, Naomi. She was there when no one else was. She helped me overcome my fears and made me a better person. And also that goes to my brothers in the band. I love you guys so much. I will be watching over you.

Pete.

My eyes filled up with tears. Patrick read it than hugged me. We waited for hours on end.

"Sorry about this" I said to patrick.

"It's fine. as I'm here with you and pete is okay. That's all I can ask for" he kissed my forehead as we waited in silence.