Chapter 41

Ambers POV

"I'll see you later" Naomi shouted from the car. I waved back and held my keys tightly. From what I know, patrick was pissed at me still for going out and forgetting out our little day with Hayley. I out the keys in and turned them. I walked through the door, slowly but surely.
"Hey, I'm home!" I shouted looking around the house. No answer.
"HELLO?" I shouted once more.
"Hey there" I looked to see pete standing in the kitchen doorway.
"Oh hey pete, is patrick here" he shook I his head then took my hand.
"He's gone to his moms house, he said he'd be back in a minuet." I looked down, he's probably gone to tell his mom about me. We walked into the living room and Hayley lead on the floor rolling round with Bronx.
"Ambie!" Bronx said with excitement. He hugged me and I looked at pete.
"Thanks for looking after Hayley" I smiled and hugged pete. He kissed my cheek.
"Anytime" he smiled. I sat down on the floor with Hayley and cooed over her with pete and Bronx. I picked her up and rocked her, giving her a drink of milk.
"Did patri-" I was interrupted by patrick busting through the door in tears. He stumbled in and fell to the floor.
"Honey! What's wrong!" I gave Hayley to pete and ran to patrick. He said nothing, he just threw his arms around me and cried into my shoulder. I stared at pete with big eyes.
"She...she's gone" patrick slowly said.
"Who patrick" I held his cheeks lightly, making him look at me.
"My grandad....he passed away" he whispered and then fell back into my arms crying again.
"Shh, let it all out patrick" I rubbed his back and kissed his head.
"Everything's gonna be okay.. He's in a better place now" I looked at pete and pulled patrick up.
"Go hug pete" I said letting go of patrick and getting Hayley from pete. Patrick stood there, all slouched.
"Come here bro, I'm sorry for your loss. He was a good man" pete hugged him and patted his back.
"Now, you go cuddled your wife-to-be and I'll take Bronx and Hayley out" pete offered.
"Oh, pete are you sure" I asked walking over to them both.
"Yeah, I know what I'm doing, and anyway, I think Naomi wants to spend time with Hayley anyway" he smiled.
I passed him Hayley's bag of nappies and milk, and pushed her biggie to him.
"Call me if she's any trouble" I said kissing pete.
"Thank you" patrick weeped.
"No problem, now you two go cuddle and do some cute shit" pete said laughing and walking out the door.

"Come on" I said holding patrick hand. I dragged him to our bedroom. I climbed in bed and snuggled down and waited for him. He climbed over me and got into bed; sniffling.
"Patrick, are you okay" I didn't know what to say. He looked at me with sad eyes. We swapped positions. Normally I've got my head on his chest and he's cuddling me but we swapped. Patrick rested his head on my chest and we intwined our legs. There was a silence then patrick started crying again.
"Baby, it's okay, let it out" I kissed his head and stroked his head.
"He taught me so much yano, him and my dad were the people that kept me going with music" he murmured.
"Well, I guess he would be pretty close and important to you, but patrick. He's looking down on you know, and he's gonna be so proud of you. I mean, come on. You made your own solo album, and your in one of the biggest a rock bands ever.
" he looked at me and smiled. He opened his mouth to say something, but in interrupted him quickly.
"Ah, now you get some sleep, you've had a hard day" I kissed him.
"I love you" he said giving a hearty smile.
"I love you too, now have a nap" I smiled and rested with patrick in my arms.