Waiting and Waiting

Chapter six
When Hera, Sabine, and Zeb got to the med-center, a medical droid came to them and said with its robotic voice, "Can I help you?" Zeb answered, "We're here to see Ezra, you know, the one with the cut in his arm." The droids voice showed no emotion when it said, "Ah yes, I am familiar with who you speak of. Come this way, I will show you to a waiting area where you can...wait." "Hold on a minute," Sabine said, "I'm not going to just sit here, I want-" she stopped and listened to herself, she was acting like a child. She would see him soon enough. Then she felt Hera's hand on her shoulder, it told her that things would be fine and to calm down. The droid continued to lead them to the small waiting area and there they stayed for some time.

It was a bit later and Sabine had only found it hard to sit still. Zeb was his usual self, minding his own business and probably thinking about what could possibly have happened to Ezra. Hera was watching Sabine, as she (Sabine) paced back and forth, until finally she grabbed her had and pulled her to a seat. Hera sometimes had to play the role of a mother for Sabine and it seemed that this was another one of those times. "Sabine," Hera started, "look at me, I promise that Ezra will be fine." Sabine knew that she couldn't look Hera straight in the eye without crying. But then Hera put her hand gently under Sabine's chin and turned her head to face her own. Sabine couldn't fight it anymore, her eyes filled with tears and soon ran down her face. Hera hugged her tightly and didn't try to stop her from crying. It had been a very, very long time since Sabine had done so.

About an hour after they arrived, the same medical droid came into the room where they were. Hera and Sabine sat quietly together, Zeb was now asleep but awoke when Chopper whacked him in the head. The droid then said, "He is awake."