Zeb's Chat

Chapter Twenty-seven
    Months passed and Kanan seemed to freak out every time Hera moved. "Kanan, I'm fine!" She would say. "OK, sorry just don't want you or the baby to get hurt." Was the usual reply.
    "So when are you Sabine gonna have kids?" Zeb asked Ezra one night while Hera and Sabine were out. "I don't know Zeb. We really just don't think it's safe, ya know? I mean if the Empire found out, which they would, it'd be dangerous for Sabine and the non-existent-baby." Ezra replied. "But if the Empire wasn't around, then what?" Zeb insisted. "Then....we'd.....probably try, I don't know. I really just don't like talking about this kind of stuff." Ezra said sounding stressed out. Then Zeb just had to go and say, "Why?" "Because Zeb, I just don't. Look Sabine and I have talked a lot about this topic and we've agreed not to have kids for now. OK? We don't think it's safe." Ezra said, starting to raise his voice. Zeb finally got the message and said, "OK, I understand." Wether he actually did understand or not, Ezra didn't know but now he was going to be thinking about this for the rest of the night.
    Hera and Sabine got back late. Everyone had gone to bed....well everyone except Kanan. He was about to loose his mind! Where were they? He kept asking himself right before they walked in. When they came in he ran to Hera and said, "Where were you? Do know how worried I've been? I thought you said you were going to be gone for a 'little while'." "Kanan, a little while means a long time. And we're fine, alright? We just went to an appointment and then just spent time together. Oh and Kanan," she half answer half told. "What?" He replied. Then Hera continued "The baby's a girl." A huge smile came over Kanan's face. He hugged Hera tightly and talked for a little while. Sabine went to her room that she now shared with Ezra. When she opened the door she couldn't tell if he was awake or not, "Ezra?" She whispered. There was no answer he was asleep. She quietly put her things down and walked over to him and kissed him on the forehead. Then he woke up. He smiled and said, "Where have you been?" "Out with Hera, just spending time together." She replied. He nodded. Then Sabine continued, "Oh and the baby's a girl." "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!??" Ezra practically yelled as he shot up. "No Ezra! Their baby. *huffs* Good galaxy!" She said almost laughing. Ezra gave a sigh of relief. Not that he didn't want one but just that they REALLY didn't like the idea of the Empire being around at the same time. Sabine crawled into bed with him and they began talking about their day and just random stuff then they went to sleep.