Slowly but Surely

Chapter Fifteen
    That night Ezra asked Zeb if he could bunk with him, Zeb was fine with that but for another reason than Ezra had in mind.
   "So," Zeb started, "how's your girlfriend?" Ezra was not in the mood for this, "*ugh*, not now Zeb." Zeb got up out of his bunk and stood up to see Ezra, who was on the top bunk. "Oh come on buddy, why won't you tell me how it's going with her? I'm like your brother." Ezra turned around so he couldn't see Zeb and said. "Yes I know you're like my brother, that's why I'm not telling you." Zeb chuckled, "Well let me know when the wedding is." Ezra had had just about enough of this, he got down from his bunk and walked toward the door when Zeb asked, "Where are you going?" Ezra had opened the door and was standing outside the room looking at Zeb and answered, "To sleep somewhere else!" Then he shut the door. Zeb chuckled again and went to sleep.
    Ezra was going to go sleep on the couch again but when he got there Kanan and Hera were talking about some random mission stuff, *well not there* he thought to himself. He went to turn around and ran right into Sabine. "Oh, sorry....I didn't s-see you there." He said. "Oh it's fine, I was just going to bed....What are you doing?" Ezra had a thought, *what I could sleep with her! No no get a hold of yourself, that was one time, and it was kind of an accident.* "Oh...uh..I was going to....find somewhere to sleep." "Aren't you bunking with Zeb tonight?" She asked. "Well, you see with what's been going on between us he um...-" Sabine cut in, "Oh I see. Well if you want to, you could sleep with me-err in my room." Ezra's face lit up, but he tried not to let her see it too much. "Yeah *clears throat* sure....um...I could, um...I-I could do that, yeah let's do it..err I'll, or..never mind." Sabine giggled, he was cute when he was embarrassed. They walked into her room, Sabine stopped in front of him, she ran her hands slowly around his neck and pulled him in for a hug, Ezra put his arms around her waist and they held each other for a while. Everything was silent. Ezra whispered to her, "Will you be my girlfriend?" She pulled back to look at him and she whispered back to him sweetly, "Yes, Ezra Bridger, I would love to be your girlfriend." They held each other tightly and then went to bed, Ezra on the top and Sabine on the bottom.