Don't Go

Chapter Thirty-two
Just as the droids had told them, Ezra was better in a month.
Commander Sato had called everyone to the debriefing area on the base. "Sabine, Zeb, I've got a mission for you. The Empire has a special shipment coming in, proton torpedoes and shield generators. Here's the schedule and the location." He said as he handed a data pad to Sabine. "You'll have some A-Wings along side you so you won't be alone." Sato continued. Sabine looked up at her and nodded then she noticed that Ezra seemed uneasy. "Ezra are you OK?" She asked. Everyone turned to Ezra. He hesitated for a second and then said, "Yeah...no I'm...I'm fine..I just..." He stopped. Kanan asked, "Ezra what is it?" "It's nothing Kanan..I'm fine." He said looking at Kanan and then turning to Sabine. When they had finished the briefing everyone left expected for Ezra. He stayed staring into nothingness, he didn't feel sure about this mission. He didn't know why but something didn't feel right. It was like the force was telling him, "No don't let her go, she won't come back if you do!" As if it were trying to warn him about something. Sabine was walking away when she noticed that Ezra was still there. She walked over to him and put on arm and and the other on his arm. "Ezra? Is everything alright?" She asked sweetly. He blinked his eyes quickly and let a breath as he turned to say, "Yeah, yeah everything's fine I-I'm alright." He began to walk away. Sabine knew when her husband wasn't alright. "Ezra." She said firmly, he stopped and turned around. "Why won't you tell me what going on? I'm here for you, I can help. But you have to let me in. You have to talk to me or I can't help you." She walked up to him and put her arms around him and put her head on his chest. Ezra put his arms around her, "You can't go. On the mission I mean. It's not safe and if you go, something bad is gonna happen, I know it." She looked up at him surprised. Then he continued, "Somethings not right, I can feel it." "You had a vision?" She asked. "No no, I uh, I didn't have a vision I just-" "then how do you know?" Sabine interrupted. "Well you see Sabine, just...sometimes the force talks to you, and gives you feelings that tell you how to do the right thing. And in this case, how to keep the people you love safe. Other times you have visions." He explained. Sabine seemed confused, she backed away and put one hand on her hip and brought the other to he forehead, "So am I gonna die? Is that what you're saying?" Ezra didn't want to scare her. "No it's not! I-I don't know Sabine, I certainly hope not. But just please don't go on this mission." Sabine looked intently at Ezra with a little fear in her eyes and said, "Alright, I'll talk to Commander Sato. Tell him what you said." She hugged Ezra and he held her tightly.
Sabine had told Sato about what Ezra told her. He only asked to see Ezra. Sato told Ezra that Sabine would be fine and that he probably just needed some rest. "No commander, rest is the last thing I need, I've been in bed for the past month! I can sense when somethings not right and now is one of those times." Sato looked surprised. He had known Ezra since he was about sixteen and never had he taken this this tone with him. "Ezra, I appreciate your concerns but I assure you, Sabine will be safe. She'll have five A-Wings to either side of her and Zeb will also be there. She won't get hurt." Ezra decided to just leave before he lost it.
When he got back to the Ghost, Sabine was playing with Dawn. When she saw Ezra she looked at Dawn and said, "I'll be right back, K?" "OK." Dawn replied. "Well?" Sabine asked. Ezra huffed and said, "He says you'll be fine and that the mission is still on for tomorrow." Sabine was getting worried now, Ezra really wasn't comfortable with her going on this mission, what if the force really was trying to tell him something. "Well let's sleep on it and if you still aren't sure about it then, just put your foot down and tell him that I'm not going." She made it sound so simple, "No I can't, he's a commander and we have to follow orders. But maybe..." He stopped Sabine thought for a second, "No no no no, Ezra don't." "I know but-" she stopped him, "No buts Ezra, please. You are not using a mind trick on him." "Alright I won't, I was kidding....kind of." He said with a smirk. "Sabine?" Dawn called. "I'll be there soon." Sabine replied. "Alright well if the force is really telling you something than tell Sato that he must find someone else for the job. OK? Now get some rest you look tired." She said as she turned around patting him on the shoulder. "Why does everyone think I need rest?" Ezra asked as he walked toward their room, untucking his shirt.

A/N Poor Ezra no one is taking what he's saying seriously. Oh well let's just wait and see what happens.