Bluebean Baby

Chapter Thirty-five
    That morning Sabine had the same sick feeling she had had for the past few days. "Ezra, I'm gonna go get checked out, I should be better by now." "OK, if you need me when you get back I'll be down at the training camp with Kanan." Ezra replied.
    When Sabine return from the med center she went straight to the the training camp. When she got there Kanan and Ezra were in the middle of a duel. When Ezra saw her he lost his concentration and almost got hit. Fortunately their sabers were on the training setting. Sabine went to go sit down and wait for them to finish.
    When they finished their duel Ezra walked over to Sabine to see how things went. "So, will you live?" He asked jokingly. She smiled and then got serious, "Ezra-" he cut her off, "Are you alright?" Then she continued, "I'm fine," she said. She took a deep breath and said,

"Ezra, I'm pregnant."

Ezra stood still unable to move. He put his hands on Sabine's shoulders and said, "You're pregnant?" She smiled and nodded. "You're serious?" He asked. "I'm serious." She answered, unable to keep the smile off her face. "Really?!" He asked once more. "Really! You're gonna be a father!" She said. He pulled her close and hugged her with all his might. Then she said in a voice that was out of breath, "Ezra...I love you too but..*fake coughs*..can you try not to kill me?" Quickly, he let go, "Sorry sorry, I just..I don't know what to say. I'm so happy for us." They looked into each other's eyes and smiled. This was definitely the happiest day of their lives so far.
    Kanan walked up to them and said, "Congratulations both of you. Now I think we're going to head back to the base." When they got back Sabine told the rest of the crew the news, Hera couldn't believe it and Dawn was thrilled to have someone to play with even though they would be six years apart. Zeb saw it coming but was surprised to find out it would actually happen.
    That night Ezra wouldn't stop talking about it. Sabine was excited too but she wanted to sleep but couldn't because Ezra wouldn't shut up. Finally she said, "Ezra, I'm happy too, but do you think that we could maybe get some sleep tonight?" "Yeah,'I'm sorry, I just still can't believe it. Sabine, we're going to be parents!" He replied. "Yes Ezra, I've thought about it once or twice. Now please, go to sleep, I'm tired." Once she said that, he went right to sleep and didn't bother her again.
    When Ezra woke up the next morning he thought it was all a dream, but something about seeing Sabine told him that it wasn't.
    Sabine was handling the news much better than Ezra was, he was going crazy, "Maybe I should have waited a little longer to tell him." Sabine said to Hera. "No, I don't think it would have made much of a difference. The same thing happened with Kanan, but over a couple of days it passed, it must be a guy thing." Hera replied.
    Just as Hera had told her, Ezra went back to normal...mostly, he didn't seem to stop fussing over her safety, but who could blame him? They were just so proud that they would soon be parents.

~The End~

A/N So that was my book! I hope you enjoyed it! Don't worry I will have a sequel coming soon. Sorry for the crapy ending but I figured if there would be a sequel then why not? So let me know what you thought of the whole thing! Thanks for reading and I hope you'll read my next one!!