The Escape

Chapter Twenty-two
Thrawn turned to Ezra and said, "Where is your rebel base?" Sabine gave Ezra a concerned look. Then all of the sudden, a blue lightsaber slashed through the door and the part that had been cut was thrown into Vader and Thrawn. It was Kanan, "Go go go!" He yelled to Ezra as he tossed his lightsaber to him. The first thing Ezra thought was, save Sabine. He went to the window and signaled her to get back. He put his hand to the glass and used the force to break it. Glass shards flew everywhere. Ezra jumped over the ledge and got down on the floor where Sabine was sitting; he put his hand on her arm, "Are you alright?" He didn't wait for an answer before he helped her up. They got over the ledge where the window was and got out of the room while Kanan tried to hold Vader off. Thrawn was in no position to move, after all he did just have a blaster-proof door thrown at him. (I have no clue why half of this chapter is a repeat from the last one. Oh well sorry about that!!😁) Kanan hit Vader's shoulder and while he was down, Kanan followed Ezra and Sabine who were already half way down the hall. "Do we have a ride out of here?" Sabine asked. "We're gonna have to take an escape pod." Kanan told her. They turned a corner and saw stormtroopers running straight for them. Kanan and Ezra ignited their lightsabers and deflected the blasts that came at them. "Sabine, go!" Ezra called. Sabine ran down the hall, Kanan and Ezra followed. When they caught up to Sabine They figured out how to get to the escape pods. When they got there Kanan said, "Ezra, Sabine launch every pod you can!" They got to work making sure to leave one for themselves. There was just one pod left Kanan got in first and Ezra was about to get in, but he stopped and turned to Sabine who was running to the pod. As soon as Ezra noticed two stormtroopers turning the corner behind Sabine, everything went into slow motion. He saw that they were for once taking their time on a shot, he ran toward her to try and move her out of the way. But he was too late. Sabine yelled out in pain and fell to the ground. She had been shot in the shoulder. "No!" Ezra yelled. He force pushed the troopers into the wall so hard that it dented. He got down on the floor next to Sabine, he lifted her up and carried her to the pod. When they had detached from the ship, Ezra held Sabine tightly trying to stop the bleeding. But it didn't make much of a difference. Even with tears streaming down her face and the worst pain she'd ever felt, she felt safe in Ezra's arms and trusted that he and Kanan would get her to safety.

A/N thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!! So will Sabine survive or will the crew have to go on without her? Stay tuned to find out!!