May The Long Nights Begin

Chapter Twenty-eight
    So things went on as normal for the crew, missions were assigned and almost always completed. Fortunately there weren't any near death accidents. Kanan went completely ballistic if Hera even asked to going on a supply run. Honestly he was more anxious about the whole thing than she was. He preferred that she didn't leave the base but then again, when did she ever do that anyway?
    It had now been 8 months since Hera found out she was pregnant. And she was so ready to be done with it. She expected that it would all be worth it in the end. Even though Kanan was a little over protective he was still helpful.
    Sabine was having a hard time herself. It wasn't like Ezra was controlling the matter or that he was the reason they wouldn't have children, she agreed with Ezra and didn't want anymore danger than there already was. They both agreed together that until things felt safe they wouldn't have any children. But the more she thought about it the more she longed to be a mother.
    A few weeks passed, Kanan and Hera's baby girl was born! She was green with brown patches. She was the cutest baby any of them had ever seen. That's probably because they didn't see babies often and the closest they had was a picture of Ezra and his parents. Still, even then everyone loved her. She was force sensitive and Kanan had every intention of training her. Maybe by the time she was old enough, Ezra could train her. But he still had a lot to learn. The night that Hera and Kanan brought Dawn home, to the Ghost, she screamed and screamed and screamed all night long. It wasn't like Hera wasn't trying to get her to sleep, she tried taking her to another room, and everything even singing, and that definitely didn't work. So she told every that it could be a long night and that they were welcome to sleep somewhere other than the Ghost. Zeb was the first one out. Sabine and Ezra just put on a pair of  sound cancellers. Kanan tried to help but it didn't do much good. Dawn simply wasn't tired. So finally Hera just gave up and went to bed. But didn't sleep very much. 
    The next morning Zeb came back and when he did, things were quiet. He went over to Kanan and Hera's room and peeked in to see that Dawn was finally asleep and so were her mommy and daddy. He wondered how long these late nights would go on. They went on for a while. But when they finally stopped, Dawn could walk and talk.