booty & dessert

"William, I want you to be on your best behavior," Jelisa frowned at him when they parked in Cody's mom's driveway. It was the day of her party and Jelisa was dreading every second of it.

"I will be," he responded with a roll of his brown eyes, cutting the car off and just sitting there, "still don't know why you need to show off for this guy. He's an ex for a reason."

"He's the one who said I'd never find another nigga as great as him."

"You haven't," William replied slowly, "he was right."

"Well not today, because I have another nigga at the moment," she gestured to him, "so act like it."

"Hhh," he sighed dramatically before getting out. Will went to the other side and opened the door for Jelisa, "babe."

"You're doing great already," she smiled sarcastically, walking with him towards the door and knocking. "There's already so many people here, gross."

"Just a little warning, though, I'm 'bout to act the fuck up."

Jelisa sighed. "William--"

"I'm taking full advantage of this situation," he bit his lip to hold back the grin right before Jelisa's mom answered the door with a large smile.

"Hey, Jelly! And, is that you, William?" she tilted her head to the side and let both of them through.

"Yes ma'am. How'd you remember me, Mrs. Harris?" And there he went, with that charm all niggas had around mommas. She hated him already.

"I could never forget the lil' dumbass who gave my baby pinkeye," her mom -- Wanda -- replied with hands on her hips.

"Mom, can I talk to you?" Jelisa cut in before William --who tried his hardest not to laugh -- replied back.

"Sure, you stay right there," she squinted her eyes at him before following Jelisa towards a hallway, "what is he doing here?"

"He's my boyfriend," Jelisa whispered with crossed arms.

"Since when?" she asked incredulously.

"Since someone invited Bryan when that someone knows we broke up on bad terms," Jelisa glared, "now I have to lie--"

"No you don't--"

"Mom, you didn't know him enough to say that," Jelisa frowned, "plus, I've gotten over what Will did to me, we're friends. So just don't say anything to anyone."

"Fine. But I don't like you lying to look good," she reminded, "you're still great without a man."

"I know," but she definitely wanted one.

"There you are," William smiled widely when he entered the kitchen. Everyone was here now, and Jelisa hid in the kitchen mostly because that was where the food was and she didn't want to see people. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she replied with a mouthful of a ham sandwich.

"You good?"

"Yeah," she cleared her throat and looked at the other foods on her plate, "I am seriously fat."

"I disagree."

"Of course you would."

"Jelisa," Wanda sang, coming in with oven mitts on, "don't mind us, we just need to get the desserts out the oven."