bitties & my boo

"Jelisa!" Maleek hopped up and down when he saw her downstairs, "hi!"

"Hi, pumpkin!" she bent down and picked the three year old up, "how are you?"

"I'm good. Mommy and daddy are going to live together, did you know?"

"I did," she grinned, "I'll miss you, man."

"Why?" he tilted his head, "you coming wiff us right?"

"No, baby," Jelisa walked him around the living room just because. He was fighting sleep a little bit, and she kinda wanted to be cuddled with her boyfriend while Maleek slept. "I'm moving a little further up, but I'll definitely be seeing you."

"Hey, guys," Cody jogged downstairs with her coat and purse over her arm, "I'm already super late but I'll see you this evening."

"It's no problem, babe," Jelisa told her, "I got it from here."

"Thank you. I'll see you later, baby!" Cody kissed Maleek's cheek, "I love you guys."

"Mommy busy?" Maleek said after she left.

"Yep. Busy feeding your little hungry butt," Jelisa giggled and cradled him, "and you need to sleep, Leek."

"I do. Mufuckin' tide."

"Maleek!"

"Huh?" he yawned, snuggling closer.

"That's a bad word! Where'd you get it from?"

"You said it yesterday."

"Don't copy me, I'm a bad person," she smoothed her hand over his curls.

"Okay," Maleek giggled, "I'm sleepy now. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, you silly boy," she sat down, patting his head as she lied it on her shoulder, "it's past your nap time."

"I be busy."

"You're so aggravating."

"What it mean?"

"Annoying."

"What that mean?"

"I dunno," Jelisa gave up and laughed, kissing his forehead.

"Babe," William sang, opening the front door and coming in.

"I'm right here, Will?"

"Oh," he closed the door, "hey, Maleek."

"Can't talk. Sleeping."

"My fault, man."

She furrowed her brows, watching him sit next to her, "are you good, bro?"

"Yeah," he leaned back in the couch and sighed.

"You ain't gotta lie, Will."

"I don't wanna bother you with it."

"You can tell me," she frowned then rolled her eyes, "and if it's about Mandy, I'll listen. Just don't expect me to be nice."

"Well," he made a face, "she's getting evicted and--"

"She wants to live with you," Lisa gasped.

"Hell no, I wish she would say something like that," he scowled, "don't play, Lisa."

"Then what?"

"She wants me to help move her stuff, but I'm just like, if you're moving back in with your mom, get someone from your family to help. Not me."