talking & listening

The drive in general was quiet.

It wasn't an awkward quiet, though, for Jelisa, it was a I need to figure out what I want to say drive. She wasn't that great at expressing herself, especially when she liked someone. It was difficult to get words out when a tall darkskin with nice teeth and big brown eyes was looking at her.

"You hungry?" William asked after a few minutes, "I'm getting something out of Popeyes."

"Yeah."

"Okay," he parked in front of the restaurant but kept the car on, "I'll be back," he didn't need to ask her what she wanted, because of course he knew her so well that all she ordered -- everytime uness it wasn't available -- was a Five dollar Big Box. Her favorite.

"Ooh," Jelisa turned up the music wen she heard ZAYN's voice, "I'm going to kill Will." This man claimed he didn't listen to ZAYN's music, but here he was, in control of the aux with the song She Don't Love Me fully downloaded onto Apple Music.

William came back with a bag of food, sitting in the car and handing it to Jelisa. "What are you listening to?"

"You tell me," Jelisa set their drinks in the cup holders, "it's from your phone."

"Shit," he smacked his lips, "see I thought I was gonna be slick."

"As always," she leaned in her seat and put her fingers to the side of her face, giving him a look.

He rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Lisa."

She chuckled, looking ahead as he pulled out the parking lot, "where are we eating this?"

"Dunno. I'm just hungry."

"We can just eat in the car, babe," Jelisa suggested, "I mean, park over there."

William did as she said, parking next to another car off the side. They were situated near the National Harbor, looking down where the city was pretty active with lights and loud voices everywhere.

"Is it hot enough to have the car off?"

"Eh," Jelisa opened the door, "yeah."

"Liar. It's hot as hell," he turned the key just so the air and the music was still playing, "gimme my box."

"Here," she took her own and smiled, "thank you."

"No problem."

The next fifteen minutes was spent eating, Jelisa took her time because she loved food and she kinda was nervous to really talk to this man. She ended up finishing before him, anyway, leaning the seat back and rubbing her stomach like she was pregnant.

William had his knees to his chest, drinking from his large cup and staring down at her.

"What?" Jelisa asked.

"Nothing," he shook his head.

"Okay," she snorted, closing her eyes.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, Lisa."

Here we go. "You don't have to be sorry--"

"I do, because I put someone else before you, someone who already had treated me like shit. You didn't deserve that."

She tilted her head. "What happened when you went over there?"

"Her mom was there, holding the baby, and she said she needed moral support," he scoffed, "she hugged me and shit but...I dunno. I asked her to get off me but I feel bad for sounding disrespectful. I had to leave."

"Will--"

"I didn't text you today because...because," he adjusted the cap on his head, "I got into a little argument with shorty and she just...blew my shit. She asked why I didn't wanna fuck with her anymore and it's just like...how can I even explain half the shit you did to me without wanting to rock yo' shit?"

Jelisa snorted. "I'm sorry you felt that way, Will."

"I just," he leaned his head back and held the steering wheel, "I know this is gonna sound like stupid, but why don't people realize how trash they are when they fuck with your feelings? That shit's annoying."

Jelisa stared at him, watching how his jaw was locked and the small frown on his beautiful face. He was tense, and she wished he didn't feel this bad about himself.

"William," she stared ahead, not waiting for him to answer, "I'm sorry for how harsh I sounded when you talk about her, but I...I get jealous too. You're with someone that did you so wrong, and I...I feel like she can always take you from me."

"I don't want her, Lisa--"

"I want you to myself," she finally looked at William, who was already staring confusedly at her, "I don't want anyone else, Will. I don't want to share you with anyone. It sounds possessive, but...I'm scared," her eyes teared up because of frustration, he didn't understand, "I've never liked someone so much in my life. You know what it's like to be in love and happy and...I don't know what that's like, but I want that. From you."

His eyes widened at her confession. Jelisa was really head over heels for William, a lot more than she had initially led on. She was so emotional she cried, and only he did that. William didn't think she liked him this much.

"Lisa," he whispered hoarsely, "baby."

"I'm sorry I like you so much," she wiped her eyes, "I'm sorry--"

And boom. Just like that, her problems were thrown out the window when Willam kissed her. His large hands cupped her face as he did so, his big lips fitting with hers as they kissed passionately in the car. Jelisa kissed him harder, her arms around his as she sat up to get closer to him.

William let go after a moment, just to look at her. "I've always wanted you, Lisa. Always."

"You don't have to say that--"

"I'm serious baby," she loved that word so much, especially from him. "And I only want you."

"I only want you, Will."

"There was a time where before I even asked Mandy to be my girlfriend, I had my doubts about it. Even in high school, I thought I had everything I wanted in a girl, but, I don't know what the fuck I'm trying to say, honestly."

"Are you saying that you've matured and now you'd like something more than good looks and sex?" she dragged on, smiling when he started nodding his head, "I'm right on the target?"

"Definitely," William grinned, "Lisa, I'm not sure how far we're going to go, but I wanna go far. Real goddamn far with you."

"We used to hate each other," she hummed, trying not to laugh.

"You used to hate me," he laughed softly at her face. William took her hands in his. "Will you be my girlfriend? I promise I'm not that bad."

Jelisa giggled. "That bad. But yes, I will, definitely, baby."

"Good," he leaned in to kiss her yet again.

the first update was an accident I thought it was the wrong chapter lolol

HEY YAAAAAALL

BYEEEEEE