valentine's & funny vines

"I luh you, bitch."

"Oh my God--"

"I ain't neva gon' stop loving you...bitch," William did a little dip as he pretended the spatula in his hand was a guitar. He grinned at her, making her reciprocate the gesture and giggle.

"You're cute, Will," Jelisa still smiled at him and tried not to laugh at how goofy he was.

"I know," he shrugged and went back to the stove. Jelisa watched him flip a pancake, "while you were sleep, Lis, I put a lot of shit in the basement. If you didn't notice."

"So you wanna keep it down there?"

"Nah, just keeping it until we find a place for storage."

"Oh. Thank you."

"Mhm."

"It's Valentine's Day." she pointed out.

"Mhm."

"You're not gonna kiss me?" she pouted.

"Do you want your pancakes to burn?" he asked with a pout also, "kidding, hold on."

"I got you a present."

"You did? Is it anatomical or like, forreal?"

She rolled her eyes. "The anatomical thing is for tonight but yes I have a real present."

"Ooh, do tell."

"No!"

"Rude as shit," he frowned, turning the stove off.

"I know," a grin creeped up on her face as he made his way towards her, "what do you want?"

"You," William sang, his arms snaking around her waist, "my present is better. And it's not dick."

"What's better than dick?"

"Credit."

Jelisa giggled. "Can you stop? No, but seriously, what is it?"

"I have to go pick it up in an hour or so. You're gonna nut when I come home."

"Figuratively or literally?" she inquired, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Boaf," he snickered at her face, "I love you, Jelisa Naomi Harris."

"I love you, William--"

"Stop it--"

"Odessa Coleman," her jaw dropped and her eyes lit up with excitement, "what if we name our daughter Odessa? That'd be adorable!"

He mimicked her, gasping. "What if you get an abortion? That'd be adorable!"

"Oh my God! William!" she slapped his chest as overed her mouth. She wanted to not laugh but honestly, he was wild, "Jesus Christ."

"Love you," he chuckled at her and kissed her lips, "let's eat!"

"Cody, you can't just quit, though."

"Yes I can," her friend sang on the other line. They were on FaceTime and Cody was spilling some tea about herself. Jelisa wasn't here for it because what she was doing was kind of wild.

"But--"

"I'm moving back home with my mom until I figure things out," Cody sighed, "I know it's irrational but if I even have the tiniest feeling this man is playing me and my kid, I'm leaving."

"What did Maleek say?"

"He didn't say anything, he won't even talk to him," as of last week, Maleek stopped talking to his dad, who also lived with them. Cody suspected that something happened between them and to top it off, he'd been cheating on her since they moved to Alexandria. She'd been played this whole time and Jelisa felt terrible about the whole thing.