nc & md

Jelisa blinked her eyes open early Sunday morning, it was actually quite cloudy outside judging by the amount of sunlight that came through, and maybe—just maybe— because it was raining hard as hell.

She took a deep breath, feeling William's chest to her back and his dark arms around her small waist. Actually, she had gained weight so it wasn't all that small.

Jelisa tried going back to sleep but now that she was awake, she could hear a heck of a lot of things going on. The slight whirring of the central air in their home. A fan set on medium in the corner of their bedroom. Even one of her dog's—she assumed it was Oobi because he liked to hump things—bell collars jingling downstairs.

They had decided last night that church wasn't going to be a thing today. They had found one nearby and it was great, but the events from yesterday had them tired.

Saturday morning, William had received a call from his little sister that she and their mom were in a car accident. They were fine but William wanted to see for himself, so he abruptly left work and went straight to where she was in Maryland.

In North Carolina, Jelisa had arrived home and noticed the yard and part of the exterior of their house had been vandalized. They weren't exactly targeted due to the other homes on the block having gone through the same thing, but it still freaked her out.

Jelisa wanted to go to Maryland to see Will but he was already headed back to where she was. It was frustrating because whenever William stressed, he thought irrationally. He had spent a total of sixteen and a half hours on the road yesterday.

Long story short, the stress and anxiety of their Saturday had been pretty significant, and to make up for it, William and Jelisa had an abundance of sex last night and it tired them out even more.

Now, Jelisa got up from the bed and eased into the bathroom to start her day. She dragged her hands down her face and stared into the mirror, noticing a breakout on both her cheeks and groaning.

"God damnit," she tried not to scratch it but honestly, she had to.

"Shawtay!"

She poked her head into their room and William was curled under the covers, looking at her with a sleepy smile on his face. "Will."

"Heyy," he greeted in a whiny voice. His throat was hoarse and it caused his voice to crack at some parts.

"Hey, babes. You okay?"

"I'm tired as hell, Lisa," he closed his eyes and took the blanket off his bare torso, "when are we leaving?"

"It's seven right now," she replied, looking at the clock on the wall, "we can leave at nine, maybe ten. I need to drink straight espresso since I'm driving."

"What—"

"Will, I told you—"

"Here we go," he groaned, throwing an arm over his eyes.

"I told you," she continued, leaving the restroom and sitting in bed again, "I could have met you in Maryland but you didn't want me driving. This is your fault."

"I don't know what I was thinking," he agreed, "all I know is that I was so worried about everyone that I couldn't think straight."

"Well, today, we're going to calm down, alright?" she caressed his jaw and kissed his bottom lip.

"Mhm," he replied shortly, making Jelisa smack her lips and kiss him again, "I love you."

"I love you," she countered, "and I packed for us while you slept last night, so don't worry about it. I just need you to find a kennel for the dogs."