condos & a lil' bitch

"William, stop it," Jelisa giggled, moving away from him.

"You stop it," he kissed her neck one more time before sitting at the dining room table beside her, "I haven't seen you in so long, let me be."

"My life has been crazy," she groaned, "like...ugh."

"What happened?"

"Firstly, Cody and I had a mini fight."

"That's hard to believe."

"Well," she shrugged, "she still loves Maleek's dad but she's not sure whether or not she wants to actually put it into existence. So I told her to just do it, ya know, and she's so difficult, making up excuses and stuff. So I got frustrated and she ended up leaving with Maleek after we argued for a few minutes. And guess where she was?"

"Don't make me do that," he shook his head.

"I forgot you were hungover," she pouted, feeling his forehead, "po' baby."

"I know," he snuck a kiss in and she slapped him, "rude ass."

"Anyway," Jelisa rolled her eyes and continued, "we're on great terms now, but she actually took my advice and now I have to find a new place because she's moving in with him, so," she went back on her laptop, "help me."

"What have you got so far?"

"I found a roommate last week and we met and decided to go to a new place."

"What's her name?"

"Jeri. And she's a traveler, but she just wants to not pay full rent every month. Same with me."

"What places are y'all looking at?" William asked, his hand skimming up and down her side.

"This one," she clicked a new tab and showed him the pictures, "it's a little high, but it is Silver Spring, so."

"True," he looked at a few pictures, "this is nice, babe."

"Right? and it's really bougie, I wanna live like a Caucasian."

"You're definitely going to live like it," he chuckled, "that's a big ass pool. You can't even swim."

"Yes I can!" Jelisa argued, "you swear you know every damn thing."

"Didn't we just go to the beach? You didn't want to get in the water."

"I didn't want to get my hair wet," she retorted.

"You're bald, Jelisa. You just freshly shaved ya head, ma, are you delusional?" she laughed while he kept looking at her, "just say you can't swim, baby."

"Well," Jelisa shrugged, causing him to snort, "I've never swam."

"Never?"

"Nope. I've been in a pool, yeah, but I've never had the urge to leave the rim. Never. And then there's pools that are small enough for me to be comfortable in."

"Those are called kiddy pools, babe."

"Shut the hell up, William," Jelisa smacked her lips and looked at the laptop, "you're the worst."

"I'll teach you one day, how 'bout it?"

"Maybe. You just wanna see me in a bathing suit."

William smirked. "That, too, but learning to swim could save a life one day."

"Aw. I guess. I'm going to buy a new bathing suit then."

"Let the cheeks out."

"You already know, nigga," she stuck her tongue out, "little booties matter."