blackened salmon & beef brisket

My first day at work and you're actually off," Jelisa tsked, entering the house as William held the door open for her. Their puppies ran towards her, jumping at her trousers and barking loudly. "Hey babies!"

"At least you're home early," William replied, closing the door.

Jelisa was working at a center aimed towards inner city kids' education and wellbeing, and so far? She was liking it. It was her dream job, and besides the fact she didn't really have to dress up and she'd be done my three in the afternoon, she enjoyed her job a lot. Kids were great when you actually took the time and patience to understand them.

"That's true," Jelisa yawned, taking her shoes off and putting her purse on the coffee table, "how was your day?"

"I didn't do shit, we know that, but this was your first day! How'd it go?"

"It went fantastic!" she gushed, walking upstairs with him following, "I loved it so much. These kids are so energetic and smart. I think most of them have slight speech impediments but it's nothing crazy, so it's not really a hard thing right now."

"You work tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but it's a half day, so I'll be back around twelve. School is almost ending for them, so I'm working either summer school or at the learning center. It's so exciting!"

"I'm glad you got your favorite job," William said, sitting on the bed and watching her change clothes.

"I am too," she put on one of his t-shirts and blinked slowly, "I need a nap."

"You have about three hours. We gotta meet Bobby and Sanai, remember?"

"I forgot," Jelisa groaned, thinking about Bobby and his...friend? Potential girlfriend? She didn't know exactly, but she was excited to finally meet this girl, since he couldn't stop giggling at his phone lately. "Okay, I can take a quick nap then get ready. But I wanna spend time with you."

"Stop pouting, babes," William poked her bottom lip, "let's both take a nap. A sleep date."

"Oh, yay!" she clapped her hands, "okay."

William took his clothes off, getting in the bed while Jelisa hung up one of her shirts. "Hurrry up, Jesus."

"Wait," she huffed, closing the closet and their room door before jumping in the bed on top of him. William grunted in pain, laughing when she kissed all over his face. "Thank you for supporting me," Jelisa mumbled, closing her eyes and hugging him tight.

"I would never not support you, babes. You moved to a whole 'nother state for me, the least I can do is love you unconditionally."

"Still. Thank you."

"I'm proud of you," William smiled, "very proud of you."

"Stop, I'm going to cry," she pouted, giggling when he squeezed her ass, "stop it, ya jag."

"Go to sleep," he snorted, kissing her forehead.

"Hey, sorry, we're late," Jelisa looked up at Bobby, who had just entered the restaurant with his "friend" beside him, holding his hand.

"No worries," William scooted just a little so they could sit down, "it's like a ten minute wait, I think."

"Aight," Bobby crossed his legs and leaned back. He looked at his friends, who were staring at him pointedly. "What? Oh! Guys, this is Sanai," he gestured to the girl — she was so fine — and smiled, "Sanai, this is William, as you know, and that's Jelisa."