baby voices & manipulation

"William."

"Hmm?" he mumbled tiredly.

"Your phone is ringing."

"Let it ring," he reached out for it anyway, blindly accepting the call and holding it to his ear. "What?" Jelisa turned over and closed her eyes again. "What time is it? Exactly. So what the fuck you callin' me for?" William groaned and sat up, Jelisa knew she wasn't going back to sleep at this point.

"Babe--"

"I'm not falling for that again," he didn't hear Jelisa at all, "if he has a fever, call the ambulance not me...I swear to God, Amanda, if I come over and you're playing games I'm burning your apartment down. Bye."

"Bye," Jelisa mumbled.

"Lisa, please--"

"No, you always do this, Will," she sat up and looked ahead while he got dressed, "it's fucking three in the morning, man! Who the hell...what the hell is some other bitch doing getting you out of your sleep to go to her?"

"I'll be right back, her baby is sick," he put a jacket on and looked for some shoes.

"Her baby is not your baby," she retorted, "why are you concerned?"

"Because-"

"Because you still love her, jackass."

"That's not it, Lisa!" he whisper shouted, "I don't, I just care about her wellbeing. She's struggling right now."

"Cute," this was always an issue when it came to them. Amanda was manipulative no doubt, anyone could see that. William still cared for her in some type of way and Jelisa hated that because, because she hated Amanda, and Amanda deserved what was coming to her. She was conniving and a cheater and a liar. Jelisa didn't want William to become victim of that again, especially if he was putting Amanda over her.

"I'm coming back," William told her, "please stay here, Lisa."

"Sure," she put the blanket up to her neck, "bye now."

"Fuck," he cursed, knowing as soon as he left she was leaving too. He was right, Jelisa wasn't going to stay and wait for him to come back. She heard the door close got back up, rummaging through her things to leave.

"Lisa, throw this in the box with my scarves please," Cody handed Jelisa a few items and taped a box up.

Jelisa tossed the scarves away and went back to packing Cody's shoes. She wasn't really excited today, mostly because Cody was moving out -- but still paying half the rent for this month, thank goodness -- and she had to help pack.

She was also upset William hadn't spoken to her since earlier this morning.

"Are you okay, sis?" Cody asked, putting down a box and looking at her beast friend.

"Yep."

"Sure?"

"Mhm," Jelisa finally got the first box closed and set it aside.

"Okay--"

"I just think it's funny that people can't learn from their mistakes," she carelessly threw a few shoes in a new box, "like, 'fuck what Jelisa says,' right? I don't give good advice, huh?"