Three

{edited}

May POV {high school}

Today I'm dreading.

So much.

Harry leans against his car and our fingers play with one another.

He leaves today.

"Drive safely." I say to him and I turn my eyes away from him.

"Okay." His voice is low. I press my head against his chest and screw my eyes shut.

"I love you."

"I love you more, May." His lips touch the top of my head.

Within 5 minutes Harry's gone.

Within 5 minutes I feel that emptiness float back into my heart and drown my feelings.

I don't know when I will see him. I don't know the next time I will talk to him.

Hopefully it's soon.

May POV {college}

"This is going to be so fucking fun!" Adam exclaims with wide eyes as we all put our boxes in the living room. A smile creeps onto my lips.

"Who knew we all would be living together?" I say. "Especially with Adam." He scoffs.

The apartment I like, a lot. The walls are white and we have fluffy white carpet. The kitchen is a decent size and all three bedrooms are quite big as well. There is two bathrooms.

Since Adam feels "outnumbered" he gets his own. I don't mind sharing one with Ronnie. I spent 18 years sharing one with Sadie.

"When do you start class?" Ronnie asks me.

"Tomorrow." I chuckle. "You?"

"Tomorrow." We both smile. "Adam what about you?" She asks him.

"Next week. In the mean time I'm going to buy a couch and shit. My Mom gave me tons of money." A greedy smile goes onto his lips.

***

The campus is huge.

I feel scared.

My anxiety racks up making my fingers fidget and my heart pound.

Today will be fine.

Why wouldn't it?

I think it's just the fact that Harry is somewhere on campus makes me sick and nervous. I don't want to bump into him. I don't want to remember him all that much.

I snap out of my thoughts and get out of my parked car. The sky is gloomy and chatter is being made all around. I throw my hair into a messy bun and take a deep breath.

Just get through the day.

***

I've managed to find all my classes. My professors were very lenient with all the new people being late. The upperclassmen, not so much.

I didn't recognise any faces, which I'm happy about.

I don't want to be known as 'stutter freak' anymore. I just want to be May. I don't want people here to know that I got bullied in high school or anything.

This is fresh start.

I press the button saying up on the elevator and wait. Soon the doors open and all the air leaves my lungs.

He stares at me.

I stare at him.

None of us say anything.

"You're the new person living here?" I hear Harry's voice ask. I can't tell if he's happy or not. I manage to nod 'yes', even though all I feel like doing is crying.

Silence fills between us.

His voice has gotten deeper, his hair is a bit longer, he's gotten taller again, and he looks a bit older.

He's nearly 21 now.

Fuck.

Harry doesn't say anything else. He walks away and leaves the apartment building.

I thought I was over him.

I thought the feelings I had for him was only just a memory of us and what I used too feel; but no. Seeing him now, all I remember is what I've felt for him since the first night he kissed me.

Tears pick my eyes and I repress the button again a few times before tears start leaving my eyes.

The elevators door open and I step in and press floor 14.

A gentle sob escapes my mouth as the doors close.

A://N

Short chapter but ehhhh

Comment?

Thoughts?

~lauren