Fifty Seven

{edited}

Harry POV {6 years ago}

Lily lays beside me. Her golden hair is tied up in a messy bun and her fingers play with mine. I smile gently.

"When will your Mom be home?" She asks. Her voice soft.

"Not till tomorrow, why?" I ask. My eyes glance over to her.

"Because I don't want her walk in on us or anything. Plus, I don't know how she feels about us alone in your room."

"She already gave me the speech so it's fine babe." I say with a soft grin.

"The speech?"

"Yes, the speech." I lay on my elbows. "Anyways, are we still on for tomorrow night?"

"Of course. I've been waiting months for this moment Harry." I laugh and she grins. For Valentine's Day I got her Fleetwood Mac tickets. The concert's tomorrow.

I fit myself between her legs and gently peck her light pink lips. Her light green eyes look into mine. I trace my thumb over her sun freckles. "You're so beautiful, you know that right?" Her eyes look into mine.

"Not really, but thanks." I scoff.

"I beg to differ."

"That's because you're my boyfriend. You have to say these things."

"I said it when we were friends." I point out. 

"You were my friend then. You had to say it." I laugh at her. She smiles.

My hands cup her rosy cheeks. I gently peck her soft, kissable lips. "Well, I plan on saying it everyday until you're no longer mine, which I hope is never." Lily grins at me.

"I love you Harry."

"I love you more." She kisses me. Her hands cup my face as she pulls me down toward her.

"Happy birthday baby."

Harry POV {present}

My mind snaps back into reality and I bite down on my jaw.

Today's her birthday.

I never forget.

This year I did.

How could I forget?

The whole day it never it me until now. My stomach goes into a knot and I shrug.

I press my head against the door frame of the dining room and close my eyes.

I miss her. I know I shouldn't because I'm with May. But it's hard not too.

I fucking hate that I do.

I turn around and see May looking at me. Her head is tilted. "You're home early." I say to her. Her blue eyes are soft. She went to campus to talk to her professors about coming back and when she should.

"You okay?"

"Yeah why?" I ask.

"You looked like you were sleeping while standing." She says.