Fifty One

{edited}

May POV {5 years ago}

Adam's not at school today.

I don't know why, but I have no one to eat lunch with or go to gym with.

I'm just thankful Ronnie is in my Math and English.

As I'm walking in the hallway I knock into someone causing my folder to fall. I don't look who knocked into me or who I knocked into. I look up briefly and see Harry. He's helping me pick up my papers.

"Sorry for uh r-running into y-you." I stammer briefly.

"It's fine." He grins softly causing a shadow of his dimples to go into his cheeks. He hands me my papers and I smile thankfully. "Do you like your shoes?"

"Huh?" I ask.

A smirk crawls on his thin pink lips. "You were staring down at your shoes when you walked into me. I was wondering if you like them." I chuckle gently.

"Yeah, they're designer." I joke briefly causing him to smile wider. I'm wearing white converse that are old.

We both stand back up and I thank him again for helping me. He nods and walks away. I watch him as he walks to a girl who's semi tall and has beautiful golden hair. She's wearing a sundress and toms that match well. His fingers intertwine with her's and they walk off.

I bite my lower lip and walk over to Ronnie who's waiting for me at the end of the hall. "You talked to Harry?" Ronnie says with wide eyes.

"I bumped into him by accident." I mutter. We walk into English and I take a seat in the back.

"You bumped into your forever crush. That seems like fate to me." I roll my eyes.

"He didn't know who I was, Ronnie." I say. "I see him everyday at my house because of Sadie and he didn't recognise me."

"I bet he did." I laugh to myself and look up to my teacher who's beginning to talk.

***

I return home around four. Ronnie and I went to check up on Adam. He has the flu.

When I walk into the house all I hear is chatter from people in the living room. As I pass I see it's Harry, his girlfriend who I don't know the name of, Todd, and Sadie.

"You're the girl I ran into in the hallway today, right?" My heart stings. I just nod.

Everyone falls silent. "You bumped into May?" Sadie chuckles.

You know that look you get when you figure something out or you suddenly remember? That's on his face. "That's why I thought you were familiar."

"Yep." I mutter lowly. I just turn my heel and go upstairs. I shut my bedroom door and plop down on my bed.

I let out a deep breath and close my eyes. I end up falling asleep within a few minutes.

~

I wake up to my room being pitch black. I sigh to myself that I took a nap because I have a lot of homework to do.

I roll off my bed and head downstairs to make something to eat.

I see Harry's in there alone scrolling through his phone. I ignore his presence and make myself instant Mac and cheese. I'm too lazy to boil water and shit.

When I turn around his eyes are burning on me. "Sorry I blanked out earlier. I would've said your name or something while talking to you." Harry says making me gulp.